• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez injuries

Discoverer27

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Saw that today Frost said Martinez has some injuries that affected the play calling against MN. I have a buddy that has “connections” to NU (take that for what it’s worth) and he told me a couple of days ago that Adrian had a broken jaw and a bad ankle going into the MN game. I’m watching a replay of game right now and noticed that Adrian has what looks like a bigger chin protector than he was using earlier in the season. If true, it must be a slight fracture of the jaw.

Last edited:

It wouldn’t surprise me, the hit that knocked him out was pretty vicious and on the chin.

What I don’t get is trotting out an injured played who is ineffective and can’t run your offense. Our backups must truly stink. What does that mean for next year?

It wouldn’t surprise me, the hit that knocked him out was pretty vicious and on the chin.

What I don’t get is trotting out an injured played who is ineffective and can’t run your offense. Our backups must truly stink. What does that mean for next year?

They talked about his running ability, or lack of it against Minnesota, on Big Red Wrap up this week.

If true Bo pulled the same crap with TM. Played him injured and we saw the results in the Big 12 CG against OU.... disaster! Playing TM injured imo destroyed his career at Nebraska which was terribly unfair to the kid. Makes me extremely upset that IF Frost trotted out AM with significant injuries last week this should be his last season at Nebraska.

They talked about his running ability, or lack of it against Minnesota, on Big Red Wrap up this week.
So it seems the Offense was substantially handicapped from the start.

Quarterback Adrian Martinez's health had an impact on Nebraska's play-calling against Minnesota, Scott Frost said after Wednesday's Husker football practice.

"Some of the option stuff and quarterback run stuff that we might have added to the game plan, it just wasn't going to be available to us," Frost said.

Saw that today Frost said Martinez has some injuries that affected the play calling against MN. I have a buddy that has “connections” to NU (take that for what it’s worth) and he told me a couple of days ago that Adrian had a broken jaw and a bad ankle going into the MN game. I’m watching a replay of game right now and noticed that Adrian has what looks like a bigger chin protector than he was using earlier in the season. If true, it must be a slight fracture of the jaw.
I thought the bigger chin protector came out right after the injury same game

This has really stuck in my craw. If you have to limit the play book due to injuries, there is no reason to not give the back up some shots in the first half when things were not working. A healthier runner against Minnesota’s D may have led to being able to open up the offense. They were penetrating at the edges so if your qb can take off and run where they are vacating you have something to work with. Smothers is t a world beater but healthy, he is capable of running the more of the playbook.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back