• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Martinez as a dual threat going forward

Last season even with the losses he had Ziggy forcing D's to stay honest as he ripped off tough yardage. That hasn't happened but a few times with Mills and Mo certainly isn't someone that's dangerous between the tackles. D's can give AM a lot more attention and he's also a known quanity as a good runner.

Don't believe there's anything wrong with AM except getting more help from Mills and better blocking from our O-line. Won't be surprised to see AM have a big game this weekend both running and passing. I still believe the "head shed" doesn't want AM running all that much as opposed to handing off to the RB....

One thing that bothers me is Frost’s unmoved position of pushing Martinez as the only viable option to winning. Granted he “appeared” to have all the measurable s last year. However, IMO, AM has vastly under performed to date. We have not seen the other QB in the room. Maybe there is some underlying problem, I don’t know. Would like to see what Vedral or others have to offer under fire. Maybe they will get their opportunities in the future. Anyway, from my peach, something is amiss with AM. Way too indecisive and tentative. If you go back and watch last year Illinois game, or any other, you will see a much different AM. Puzzling, to say the least.

Exactly. It's really puzzling. I thought the weight he put on he should carry well. His speed isn't the issue because when he is in motion, he covers ground. It's his quickness really that I'm trying to understand what the "hold is" on the development. He seemed to have a little more "wiggle" and escapeability (is that a word?......probably not but I'm going to use it) in the pocket last season. Especially early in the season vs the Buffs.
My guess is some coach has coached him on running or staying in the pocket and looking downfield. Saw the same thing wtih Russell Wilson when some moron thought he should run less and avoid injury.

One thing that bothers me is Frost’s unmoved position of pushing Martinez as the only viable option to winning. Granted he “appeared” to have all the measurable s last year. However, IMO, AM has vastly under performed to date. We have not seen the other QB in the room. Maybe there is some underlying problem, I don’t know. Would like to see what Vedral or others have to offer under fire. Maybe they will get their opportunities in the future. Anyway, from my peach, something is amiss with AM. Way too indecisive and tentative. If you go back and watch last year Illinois game, or any other, you will see a much different AM. Puzzling, to say the least.

While has struggled a bit through 3 games, he is BY FAR the best option at qb.

Last season AM was listed at 6'2" @ 220 lbs... this season 6'2" @ 225 lbs. Do people really believe 5 lbs more is significantly Bulking Up? So much so it actually slowed him down? BS! Of course now some will claim the roster is wrong on what's being reported because it doesn't fit their narrative. If anything most rosters usually over state weight and height to some degree. AM has no doubt gained muscle and toned up more but hardly enough to actually slow him down imo.

What's happened is AM's indecision has made him appear slower because he simply waits around to long before deciding to run. Only takes a split second of indecision to appear slow which I believe is exactly what's happened to AM. Most players lose weight over the course of season in any event so if 5 lbs have actually slow AM down I'm sure they are probably gone or will be shortly!

I think he has lost his vision. I am not talking about his ability to find the open throw or see the most daylight when picking a running lane, I believe he may have gone blind over the summer. An accident or something. The late throws:
“Adrian, there is a guy open between the 30 and 35 about a third of the way in from the left sideline.” All of that takes time to relay to him.
Same with his running:
“Ade, there is a hole opening between right guard and tackle. Move two steps to your right and than go forward 5 steps and then cut it outside.” Explains the tentativeness.
Not 100% sure, but worth looking into. Would explain a lot.

Last season AM was listed at 6'2" @ 220 lbs... this season 6'2" @ 225 lbs. Do people really believe 5 lbs more is significantly Bulking Up? So much so it actually slowed him down? BS! Of course now some will claim the roster is wrong on what's being reported because it doesn't fit their narrative. If anything most rosters usually over state weight and height to some degree. AM has no doubt gained muscle and toned up more but hardly enough to actually slow him down imo.

What's happened is AM's indecision has made him appear slower because he simply waits around to long before deciding to run. Only takes a split second of indecision to appear slow which I believe is exactly what's happened to AM. Most players lose weight over the course of season in any event so if 5 lbs have actually slow AM down I'm sure they are probably gone or will be shortly!

I doubt he was 220 last year, probably more like 205. It is obvious he has less juke in his step.

C

I think he has lost his vision. I am not talking about his ability to find the open throw or see the most daylight when picking a running lane, I believe he may have gone blind over the summer. An accident or something. The late throws:
“Adrian, there is a guy open between the 30 and 35 about a third of the way in from the left sideline.” All of that takes time to relay to him.
Same with his running:
“Ade, there is a hole opening between right guard and tackle. Move two steps to your right and than go forward 5 steps and then cut it outside.” Explains the tentativeness.
Not 100% sure, but worth looking into. Would explain a lot.

I doubt he was 220 last year, probably more like 205. It is obvious he has less juke in his step.

C

I don't think so, in the 2nd half this past Saturday he broke off some runs that made him look like A.M. of last year. This is after the backs broke open the run game some. Get the O making holes and the running game going and A.M. will look just as fast as ever.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back