• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marquez Bell

They are worth pursuing when you need them. Like huskreman1 said, the cupboard is full of those light, fast guys. For this cycle we need some bigger dudes at WR.
My point is, we've struggled to get big-bodied wide receivers for years. So does that stop us from recruiting anybody who isn't big-bodied? If that's the case our wide receiver room would be empty

My point is, we've struggled to get big-bodied wide receivers for years. So does that stop us from recruiting anybody who isn't big-bodied? If that's the case our wide receiver room would be empty

Yes. When you have a room full of small dudes you stop recruiting them.

Go out and look at our roster. We have 14 wide receivers on the roster who are scholarship and/or walk-on underclassmen. Not exactly empty. But we are out of balance with the body types we need. Thus the push for bigger guys.

We already have Betts in the fold assuming he qualifies and all signs point to Manning coming on board.

But even when you whiff on guys you don't just take anyone to fill a slot - you intensify your effort to get what you need.

Using your logic that we have struggled to get big-bodies guys, we simply load up on 160 lbs skinny guys who are projects and add them to the 14 guys already there. Glad you are not coordinating our WR recruiting.

Yes. When you have a room full of small dudes you stop recruiting them.

Go out and look at our roster. We have 14 wide receivers on the roster who are scholarship and/or walk-on underclassmen. Not exactly empty. But we are out of balance with the body types we need. Thus the push for bigger guys.

We already have Betts in the fold assuming he qualifies and all signs point to Manning coming on board.

But even when you whiff on guys you don't just take anyone to fill a slot - you intensify your effort to get what you need.

Using your logic that we have struggled to get big-bodies guys, we simply load up on 160 lbs skinny guys who are projects and add them to the 14 guys already there. Glad you are not coordinating our WR recruiting.

Straw man much? Either way you don't have to be a dick about it.

My response either went completely over your head and you missed my point, or you are intentionally misrepresenting my previous statement by stating I want to load up on a bunch of 160 lb wide receivers . My position is that you don't turn your back on any talented prospect regardless of whether they are a dwarf or a tree. Do I want big-bodied wide receivers on this team? Yes absolutely. But based on our history and our inability to bring in bigger receivers , then all options have to be on the table. Im not going to stop looking at players just because they're 160 lbs. Maybe the reason our smallish wide receivers never saw the field had nothing to do with their size or talent. Maybe it was the person who is developing them.

Last edited:
Yes, we need big bodied receivers. No, it wouldn't suck to have a number of playmakers regardless of body type. If another Wondale Robinson wanted N, would we turn him away because we are "full" of players of that body type? I don't think so. And before someone jumps in with it, no, I am not saying Bell could be the next Wondale. Not saying he couldn't be either though.

As for big body wide receivers... would it be crazy to convert a TE? Vokolek maybe? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Also, i have heard how SM was missed because he was the big body...wasn't he about 6-1?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back