• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Markese Stepp to Huskers from USC

He looks a bit like lendale white to me... guess I could see why USC was the place for him.... I agree he needs to do what Ozigbo did and trim up a bit... certainly helped that dude a ton... he looked great his last year here

Looks like Terrell Newby, to me.

Ozigbo still hasn't been replaced, IMO, and he turned into that when he found that extra speed.
I think we already have the backs on this team that can do it. Hoping this guy adds to the depth and competition.

In Covid year almost a sure thing.

According to Sipple, the NCAA indefinitely shelved the 1 free transfer rule change that was expected to pass this month. Stepp will now actually need a waiver to be able to play in 2021.

According to Sipple, the NCAA indefinitely shelved the 1 free transfer rule change that was expected to pass this month. Stepp will now actually need a waiver to be able to play in 2021.

That's pretty big news.

No kidding! I was under the distinct impression that the one free transfer rule change was pretty much a done deal.

Same here. I didn't have any idea until you posted that. That could significantly alter Nebraska's hopes for next season if that transfer rule without having to sit a year isn't in place for the 2021 season. As of this moment, they'd have to sit.

Last edited:
Same here. I didn't have any idea until you posted that. That could significantly alter Nebraska's hopes for next season if that transfer rule without having to sit a year isn't in place for the 2021 season. As of this moment, they'd have to sit.

I have to wonder whether guys are going to regret entering the portal now. I can see a waiver being granted to a guy like Wan'dale, who transferred closer to home at least in part because of his Mom's health. Stepp's from Indianapolis so I guess technically Lincoln is "closer to home" than USC but I doubt he gets a waiver for it.

That is b.s. if the NCAA does this, when players were obviously expecting to be eligible right away when they put their names into the transfer portal. But the NCAA has been incompetent for years and years so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

They already did it. The amateurism case before SCOTUS that prompted their decision to postpone the vote on the rule changes isn't expected to be heard until this spring/summer. There's no way it's decided until at least October and maybe not until next spring. That also means the state laws the NCAA was hoping to avoid will likely come into force before they change the rules. Florida's is definitely scheduled to take effect this summer, and there's a possibility California's law will come into force this summer too rather than in 2023 as originally scheduled. The US Senate bill giving the NCAA an anti-trust exemption is certainly completely and utterly dead too.

The NCAA's likely not going to have a very fun 2021.

Last edited:
In my opinion, zero chances it doesn’t pass. Too many teams would be up in arms.

I honestly would not worry about this...

4 reasons

1. still in a “covid year” so to speak

2. Huge developing emphasis on “player rights”

3. Far too many “instant play” precedents set ...that horse has left the barn....

4. When was the last time you heard of a waiver being denied?

I suspected that the NCAA would try to slow the player rights bandwagon after Covid cooled down. Pressure from coaches and Universities. Not going to happen...they will be hit with a zillion lawsuits. It would be like standing in front of a freight train

If the NCAA wants to continue to exist in any form they had better get this voted and installed very quickly. There's no way a court is going to uphold forcing players to sit out a year after dealing with covid if they transfer. Just another freaken stupid disaster created by the NCAA themselves. They have met the enemy and it's themselves.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back