• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Markese Stepp Regarded As One Of The Top 50 Transfers

Good call. I think Stepp and Mills are those bruisers you like with good speed. Not elite speed, but a little better than average. I do like Mills' hands a bit better, but that's not why we got Stepp. Stepp left because USC was a throwing team and he wanted to be a downhill runner, we offered that to him.

Better suited for the BIG than the pass happy PAC12 which is of course our gain

A 230-235 ib running back with 4.49 speed in the 40 is what I like to call a rumbling train.

A 230-235 ib running back with 4.49 speed in the 40 is what I like to call a rumbling train.
For sure. I really liked Mills as our RB (wish he could have stayed healthy), but hoping Stepp can be a better version of him while we bring our young pups along. He needs to stay healthy.

For sure. I really liked Mills as our RB (wish he could have stayed healthy), but hoping Stepp can be a better version of him while we bring our young pups along. He needs to stay healthy.
I just hope we try to power run the ball on first and goal inside the 5! Hate all the cutesy calls!!

Good call. I think Stepp and Mills are those bruisers you like with good speed. Not elite speed, but a little better than average. I do like Mills' hands a bit better, but that's not why we got Stepp. Stepp left because USC was a throwing team and he wanted to be a downhill runner, we offered that to him.
He has a chance to establish himself as that...hopefully, this fall.

Yes he does need to stay healthy and yes it gives us breathing room to bring our youngsters along. I think a couple of them will play a lot this year spelling Stepp.

I think he will be a better version.

Has he been cleared by the NCAA to play this fall?

I would assume they all will be based on the past season being a freebie because of the pandemic

The NCAA will not have the personnel or time to look into each transfer one by one it would take for ever thus I would expect a blanket waiver for this season only. For those who not Grad Transfers of course

Last edited:
I would assume they all will be based on the past season being a freebie because of the pandemic

The NCAA will not have the personnel or time to look into each transfer one by one it would take for ever thus I would expect a blanket waiver for this season only. For those who not Grad Transfers of course
Ok thanks. I hope he is. We are going to need him this coming season.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I hope he is. We are going to need him next year.

I can almost guarantee it. Like I said above based on the amount of transfers they do not have the staff or time to deal with it on an individual basis.

There are going to be changes to the portal and based on the 1400+ guys still in it with no scholarships and the vast majority unlikely to get one I think the problem will solve itself.

I can almost guarantee it. Like I said above based on the amount of transfers they do not have the staff or time to deal with it on an individual basis.

There are going to be changes to the portal and based on the 1400+ guys still in it with no scholarships and the vast majority unlikely to get one I think the problem will solve itself.
I agree market saturation with D1 athletes.... some lower division schools are gonna be happy... really think alot of these kids are misguided by people in their lives they trust

I hope the conditioning and weight training he is going through now will make him faster and not slower.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back