• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mark Whipple for OC?

If Whipple is indeed the man I would assume that we are going full “Mel Ticker” with transfer guys. No way Whipple is jet setting all over the country selling high school recruits on his vision. Makes me think that everyone is loading up with plug and play transfers to try to make a quick turnaround. Not surprising because Frost has to win now. Just my opinion obviously. We could conceivably be a worse team next year with a much better record. Easier schedule… get special teams playing decent with a veteran transfer QB and I can absolutely see it occurring. MSU is a case study on how to work the portal. Nobody looks at that team and is blown away by the talent. They just play sound football and hit a home run with that RB.

This is the hire that is going to save Frost’s job?

file.png

Not sure why I’m trying to explain this but, just because I wrote something doesn’t mean you wrote it first- I know you didn’t say they live under a rock, I said they didn’t. Big difference. The implication is that these guys know what they are doing. Don’t think too much into this.
Are u sure about that? Don't think too much into that, nor should you think Trev has a huge impact on this decision. This is on Scott. Trev is going to let him succeed or hang himself on these decisions.

If Whipple is indeed the man I would assume that we are going full “Mel Ticker” with transfer guys. No way Whipple is jet setting all over the country selling high school recruits on his vision. Makes me think that everyone is loading up with plug and play transfers to try to make a quick turnaround. Not surprising because Frost has to win now. Just my opinion obviously. We could conceivably be a worse team next year with a much better record. Easier schedule… get special teams playing decent with a veteran transfer QB and I can absolutely see it occurring. MSU is a case study on how to work the portal. Nobody looks at that team and is blown away by the talent. They just play sound football and hit a home run with that RB.
They play disciplined. They are no more talented than us even with the portal transfers. It's culture. Something that can be implemented in one season.

So Frost brings in a guy who doesn’t like to recruit, relies heavily on the passing game while we have one guy in the QB room that can’t throw well and another who hasnt proven they can throw, while also having the worst pass blocking Oline in the big ten?

I understand the transfer portal will be key, but this seems like a multi-year transition. Frost could be gone by game 4 next year.

I am not excited about the prospect of going back to a pass first offense. It relies on a QB who is a great passer. It also has not shown long term success in the B1G. I would prefer a run heavy attack. Not to mention the wind issues you have in memorial stadium. If SF's solution is to overhaul the offense and go for this, then we have a new HC next year. If he is going to still keep a balanced attack with a mobile QB, then I am ok with it. But looking at the early recruiting by the new OC, I am very concerned.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back