• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Marcus Washington ex-Texas WR To OV To Nebraska

So... maybe one more DT (instead of two) and then a WR as our last two adds?

Or with the NCAA ruling earlier today, can we now take 3+ more guys as long as we stay at/under 85?

Benning asked Sipple last week if Marcus Washington would be "one of 2-3" portal transfers Nebraska would take before camp begins and Sipple indicated that he believes Washington will be in.

Washington wasn't a major contributor at Texas. I think he had about 350 yards and 3 TDs total over 3 or 4 seasons in a pass-happy conference. I suppose the benefit is that he and Thompson know each other well from have played together at Texas. If Joseph thinks Washington can help the team, then so be it.

Washington wasn't a major contributor at Texas. I think he had about 350 yards and 3 TDs total over 3 or 4 seasons in a pass-happy conference. I suppose the benefit is that he and Thompson know each other well from have played together at Texas. If Joseph thinks Washington can help the team, then so be it.
Texas has a history of underachieving much like Nebraska. Maybe Mickey can get the most out of him

Texas has a history of underachieving much like Nebraska. Maybe Mickey can get the most out of him

Although Texas's underachieving has especially been the case on the defensive side. They've had productive players on offense but struggle to stop the opposition's offense.

Regardless, I think Mickey Joseph is capable of making any WR better.

you can bet that casey thompson has already let the coaching staff know where his ex texan teammate would rank in regards to current husker recievers, if he thinks hes better than trey palmer, omar manning, alante.... then bring him in, if he thinks he would rank 5th among receivers, then he has communicated that also, to the coaches. I cant imagine our coaches would actively go after a player who would be ranked 5-6th among our existing recievers.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back