• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Marcus Newby to move to S or CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Article linked on the front page....good stuff...:)

Which means there maybe room for another LB in this class....

At 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, he looks more like a corner or safety, and he admits that Nebraska is considering moving him to one of those positions. But he says he can easily put on 20 pounds between the end of his high school days and a year from now. And he’s eager to start.
Newby has a buddy at Nebraska. Former Cougar Jason Ankrah is now a veteran, and he has promised to show Newby the way. Between Ankrah and Assistant Coach John Papuchis, another Quince Orchard (QO) High School grad, Newby will have plenty of support.

More here: http://www.towncourier.com/2012/09/05/marcus-newby/

IMPO CB is not a realistic option, but safety clearly is IMO. His coverage skills at the LB spot are among his best attributes. With the glaring need at safety, I could see them moving Marcus to SS. I like him better at WLB, after adding 15 pounds though.

a few hybrid players are nice to have, a huge safety, 6-1, 220 lb is really good in run support, and can put a big body on backs and tight ends, rather than a cb 35 lbs lighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back