• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Man wouldn’t that be something

Sorry, can't live in fear. I'll be there if the gates are open.

same here.. Oh I would take precautions, to be on the safe side.

husker_hazmat.JPG

haha, just a joke

I think that is correct. In this case, you have to take it day to day, week to week, month to month. However, just winging it day to day creates logistics problems. We aren’t talking about when me or you decide to go to Walmart. All that said, do you really believe it will be significantly better in November?

Personally, just my opinion, I think the train is gaining steam, and is gearing up for a huge fall, absolute cluster jerk. There is NOTHING slowing this virus down as of today. What’s going to change between now and the fall? We already know the heat doesn’t kill it. Will it be even more aggressive when it gets cold? Well, what’s gonna slow it? I think it’s a BFP, and some really smart people need to come up with some answers PDQ, cause July 30th status quo isn’t working!
I won't argue with that. I think we have a few examples we can learn from. Marlins being a good example of what NOT to do.

If teams can be vigilant with (1) testing and (2) keeping players (and staff) isolated from the general population, I think we should be able to have nearly a full season -- with no fans, of course. Bringing in fans from all over the country appears to be an obvious no-no at this point, if anyone wants to play more than one game.

But who knows, maybe in a couple months someone will have a valid cure...

Sorry, can't live in fear. I'll be there if the gates are open.
I don't live in fear. I don't have any fear of going shopping, etc. just like I always did (though I'm wearing a mask in stores now).

But what are the chances that all 90,000 of those fans in the stadium have all been practicing proper hygiene? (Zero)

We shouldn't live in fear, but we need to use common sense. I have been leaning toward "open everything up, we need to get back to normal" for quite a while now. And I think that most normal businesses should be able to open up. But I'm not going to stand downwind of a bunch of Covid-infected coughers... And I don't think it's much wiser to be in close contact with large crowds at this time.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back