• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Malware issue on phones with Chrome

Just got this from my ad ops people.

Your Android users most likely have the big virus that is out even facebook did not catch it installed over a million copies to their users. It is big news right now, some of our clients are even placing messages to thier users and recommending virus apps for them to install.

Your Android users most likely have the big virus that is out even facebook did not catch it installed over a million copies to their users. It is big news right now, some of our clients are even placing messages to thier users and recommending virus apps for them to install.

I really don't think it's a virus. If it were a virus, we'd all be having problems on other sites. Unfortunately, the common theme is that we all only have problems on Huskermax (specifically the forums for me, not sure about others). A virus would cause problems with browsing elsewhere.

I wouldn't expect the ad company to openly admit that their ads are causing problems, because that would potentially hurt their revenue as well.

I've stopped trying to get on the site from my phone, don't have any issues on my work computer (just a little slow or delayed from time to time). No idea the issue as i'm terrible with IT stuff.

I've stopped trying to get on the site from my phone, don't have any issues on my work computer (just a little slow or delayed from time to time). No idea the issue as i'm terrible with IT stuff.
I'm definitely spending less time on the site with my phone, and I'm too busy at work to do much there.

I'm definitely spending less time on the site with my phone, and I'm too busy at work to do much there.
Max deserves to get more than the 20 per year people give him for a membership so i'm not too concerned about it. It does make things a bit slower whatever is going on and you can't access it from your phone as easily.

Just got it on the iPad. Which isn't an android OS obviously.

Took screen grab, won't post cause it's too large.

Walmart prize winner thing again.

ONLY happens here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll do these by bullet point.
  • Isn't the issue that's occurring. That starts with an email about a bank, and then hits your phone with same fake bank thing. For me it's never a bank.
  • This one is the same thing. Not applicable.
  • This is just a very vague article on malware. Not specific to our issue
  • This one again is just a general article on security, that funny enough rebuts the points in the first 3 to a degree. Again, nothing to do with the actual issue.
Sounds like they may be giving you the run around Max. If you need me to send you screen caps let me know. I can take them every time it happens if you like. So far I've done it about every 4th or 5th occurrence.

This wasn't happening until we switched over to the new site.

I literally get it several times a day on my phone.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back