• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Malware issue on phones with Chrome

Just happened again after I cleared my browser cache.

Not sure whether this helps or not, but the site I got redirected to was alwaysup.broadfreetoupgrading.review.

Edit: I might have just cleared my history, not my cache. I'll post if it happens again after I get this right.
Let me know in a day or so if you're still in good shape (assuming that works). I'm back to SERIOUS slowdowns, to the point of being almost unusable. I'm on an LG G6, so it's not like I'm using old technology. If the latest phones can't browse the forums (it's a struggle to even scroll the thread topics), that's not good.

Let me know in a day or so if you're still in good shape (assuming that works). I'm back to SERIOUS slowdowns, to the point of being almost unusable. I'm on an LG G6, so it's not like I'm using old technology. If the latest phones can't browse the forums (it's a struggle to even scroll the thread topics), that's not good.

Very strange how some are affected and others not. I have an el-cheapo 2015 Huawei P8 Lite Android phone and have no issues.

I do have Chrome synced between desktop and mobile, and on desktop I use CCleaner several times a week to clear cookies and cache (it takes just a few seconds). I don't know if that helps things on the phone or not.

Very strange how some are affected and others not. I have an el-cheapo 2015 Huawei P8 Lite Android phone and have no issues.

I do have Chrome synced between desktop and mobile, and on desktop I use CCleaner several times a week to clear cookies and cache (it takes just a few seconds). I don't know if that helps things on the phone or not.
I rarely have issues with the site on a desktop, but when I use my phone it feels like a site that hasn't been optimized for mobile... it just doesn't load quickly or cleanly anymore. The really strange part to me is that clearing my cache and rebooting my phone seemed to work... temporarily. I really don't think I'm willing to do that every 24-48 hours for just one site, even if it is the site I visit more frequently than any other.

Still having issues after clearing everything.

Screenshot_20171101-092603.png
Screenshot_20171101-125911.png

Yea, it's still happening. Cleared my browser cache yesterday and the day before, and just had my browser hijacked on the HM home page.

Last edited:

On a separate note, not sure if you heard about the CCLeaner compromise. You might want to make sure you don’t have the version with the embedded malware.

Happened again today. Only site it happens to me on.

Been on the site a lot today, and so far, no hijacks. But I am getting makeup ads, which seems odd. Makes me wonder if someone knows something that I don't.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back