• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mahi Mahi?

Huskermedic

Retired
Lifetime Member
Guys want this at work. (yes, we do eat fish in the fire service) (lent) (it was on sale) Anyway need some ideas, was just going to grill it with some seasoning, add some greens and wild rice.

Any other ideas? (note: we can't use wine)

Last edited:

I think you have it right. I would consider adding a few wood chips to the fire for a slight smoky taste.

Oh man, one of my favorite recipes of all time for fish and mahi-mahi is the best

Marinade:

1/3 cup soy sauce
2/3 cup canola oil (or veggie or whatever oil)
1 tsp powdered ginger
1 tablespoon brown sugar

mix marinade ingredients well, then place in gallon ziplock or other sealable container with 4-6 mahi-mahi filets. Seems like it takes 4-6 hours to absorb (or overnight).

Grill as normal - don't overcook.

The advantage of using the oil is that the fish does not stick to the grill - can be flipped easily. The mahi-mahi is a pretty firm fish that does not fall apart - perfect for grilling. Shark filets are similar, but usually more expensive.

You can vary the soy sauce/oil proportions according to your need for salty taste. We found that about 1/3 soy, 2/3 oil is right for us.

My bro-in-law worked at the Fish Market in Phoenix for years. He's a heckofa good cook, and this is one of the recipes that the Fish Market used. Try it, you'll like it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back