• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Maher and Mangieri with Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The Cowboys made three minor roster moves Sunday". Not so sure I would call your long snapper and kicker/punter minor roster moves. But then again I like the special teams aspect of football, so I might be just a bit sensitive.:Biggrin:

Good luck to both. I am a little surprised that they picked up Maher, since they are pretty happy, I thought, with their placekicker. Good luck to both. Jerry needs some former Huskers on that team.

Good luck to both. I am a little surprised that they picked up Maher, since they are pretty happy, I thought, with their placekicker. Good luck to both. Jerry needs some former Huskers on that team.

Maher will not be doing the PK for Dallas.

Maher just needs to find himself onto a practice squad somewhere so that he can be ready for next year! Dan Bailey is the Cowboys 3rd year kicker from Oklahoma State.29 for 31 with his 2 misses coming from 50+ yards. Chris Jones on the other hand appears replaceable - 2nd year from Carson-Newman, only punting part of the year last year, averaging 45.2 on just 12 punts last year - a midseason replacement.

Maher just needs to find himself onto a practice squad somewhere so that he can be ready for next year! Dan Bailey is the Cowboys 3rd year kicker from Oklahoma State.29 for 31 with his 2 misses coming from 50+ yards. Chris Jones on the other hand appears replaceable - 2nd year from Carson-Newman, only punting part of the year last year, averaging 45.2 on just 12 punts last year - a midseason replacement.

I think Maher will have a better chance at making a team rather than making a practice squad. Typically those 8 additional spots are given to position players to help with scout teams in practice. A team may bring him in for a week but it's going to be up to him to stay ready on his own IMO, if he doesn't catch on somewhere....

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back