• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Maggie Mendelson Enters Transfer Portal

Probably should concentrate on one sport if she wants to excel at the Div-1A level.

Tremendous athlete though.

I wish she would play basketball here full time. They need her more

I don't like "bagging" on a player, but Mendelson may in part be leaving because she's even deeper on the depth chart at C/F than last year.

She's behind Markowski, Potts, Stewart and freshman Jessica Peatrie. Coley can play F too. Mendelson would be the 4th front court player off the bench.

The only player from that group who graduates after this season is Stewart, and Amy Williams recruiting class includes F Amiah Hargrove.

Big Ten offenses play with 2-3 guards or 2-3 forwards. Other than Betts at UCLA, Keatley at VT, Prince at TCU and Cardoso at South Carolina, this is true nationally too.

The Huskers offense is guard oriented in the first place so I really don't see this as a huge loss.

I really hope this dissuades Husker coaches from signing another volleyball/bball two sport athlete. The player's likely coming to Nebraska to play for John Cook. That's great, except for the roster spot the bball team "loses" for all fall practice and a couple months of games

Last edited:

Probably should concentrate on one sport if she wants to excel at the Div-1A level.

Tremendous athlete though.

I always thought she was focused more on volleyball than basketball. She played as a freshman, and I think started once.

I don't think she played much this year, and since Cook's team is relatively young, she must not have seen a path to much PT next year. Without the quality recruits Cook got (including the portal) things might have worked out differently.

Similarly, on the bball team she's behind Markowski, Potts, Stewart and Peatrie in the front court. Coley can play F too. The only one who graduates is Stewart, and Amy Williams recruiting class includes F Amiah Hargrove.

Either sport, I think her path to PT was going to be tough at Nebraska.

Last edited:
I always thought she was focused more on volleyball than basketball. She played as a freshman, and I think started once.

I don't think she played much this year, and since Cook's team is relatively young, she must not have seen a path to much PT next year. Without the quality recruits Cook got (including the portal) things might have worked out differently.

Similarly, on the bball team she's behind Markowski, Potts, Stewart and Peatrie in the front court. Coley can play F too. The only one who graduates is Stewart, and Amy Williams recruiting class includes F Amiah Hargrove.

Either sport, I think her path to PT was going to be tough at Nebraska.
I just wonder how good she could have been if she played basketball full time. She played decent when she first started playing last year but wasn't as effective as season wore on!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back