• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Madi Kubik, Kenzi Knuckles, Kaitlyn Hord and Nicklin Hames

iu

Can't read the article because of the paywall. I'm assuming Hames will be on the bench for the Huskers come the Fall. I was watching one of the beach volleyball matches a couple weeks ago and saw Hames watching the matches and chatting with the NU players so I assume she is still involved with the program in some capacity. I think that is great.

I wonder if she will work with the setters? I know usually John Cook works with the setters, but it might be good for him to step back and let an assistant take over that responsibility.

Yea, the article says she will still be a Grad assistant in the fall — I assume the club position will pay the bills as I think grad assistants get tuition, etc, but no salary. My wild guess is that the third paid assistant in July might be Jordan Larson.

Yea, the article says she will still be a Grad assistant in the fall — I assume the club position will pay the bills as I think grad assistants get tuition, etc, but no salary. My wild guess is that the third paid assistant in July might be Jordan Larson.
Now that would be interesting if Larson were to coach at NU. I know she wants to. She was arguably one of the greatest players to ever play at NU, but I have no idea if she is a good coach or not. Playing and coaching are two different things.

Can't read the article because of the paywall. I'm assuming Hames will be on the bench for the Huskers come the Fall. I was watching one of the beach volleyball matches a couple weeks ago and saw Hames watching the matches and chatting with the NU players so I assume she is still involved with the program in some capacity. I think that is great.

I wonder if she will work with the setters? I know usually John Cook works with the setters, but it might be good for him to step back and let an assistant take over that responsibility.
Between Hames, Hunter, and Cook, there will be no lack of experience in available work with the setters.

Good. I trust we won't see one of our setters called for 13 double touches in one match ever again.
Experience in that Hames and Hunter have done it at a high level for years. (Hunter was named a first-team AVCA All-American, and the Big Ten Setter of the Year). But, as others have noted, it is not clear our setting has improved since Hames’s frosh year. So I hope experience translates into good coaching.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back