• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Mack Brown Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a little giddy here, are we? If I'm a Tejas fan reading this, I gotta be saying "scoreboard". I think Mack's done a pretty damn good job at Texas. One down season will not change that. Now, two or three of these in a row, then we can talk trash. Of course, we'll no longer be playing them and we can turn our trash talk to Iowa, tOSU and Meechicken.

With the recruiting classes he has had he should be winning a bucket full of national titles...its not about what they have done to Nebraska....Mac doesn't win the big games....and he's not a big game coach....he is lucky he had Vince Young or he would have no titles at all....

One down season is not what its about....if Bo had the talent he has had the last decade I have no doubt he would have picke up 3 or 4 national titles....

Getting a little giddy here, are we? If I'm a Tejas fan reading this, I gotta be saying "scoreboard". I think Mack's done a pretty damn good job at Texas. One down season will not change that. Now, two or three of these in a row, then we can talk trash. Of course, we'll no longer be playing them and we can turn our trash talk to Iowa, tOSU and Meechicken.

Vince Young carried Mac Brown and Texas for at least two years he was a man playing with boys and could allow a team to get by with just an above average defense. Mc Coy and Shipley come along and carry him for another three years. He's losing and doesn't have a clue how to right the ship. He calls out his players and coaches publicly for their lack of passion. That's the difference between him and Bo. Bo continues to point the thumb a phrase I've never heard from any other coach.
Against what was touted as the world's best secondary in Texas a few weeks ago Watson had receivers running open all day they just didn't catch anything .

Again Texas makes a good case that the *'s only make a difference if they can be and are coached. Recruiting talent is a huge part of winning football games but recognizing and coaching talent is is more important. How many 2*'s did Mack Brown coach into all league or even a starting position. In less than three years Bo has taken two walk on safties ( one of the most demanding positions on a football field ) O'Hanlon and now Cassidy and turned them into great players. He will continue to do this because he has the ability to motivate and develop talent when he sees it on his team.

With the recruiting classes he has had he should be winning a bucket full of national titles...its not about what they have done to Nebraska....Mac doesn't win the big games....and he's not a big game coach....he is lucky he had Vince Young or he would have no titles at all....

One down season is not what its about....if Bo had the talent he has had the last decade I have no doubt he would have picke up 3 or 4 national titles....

Well...just maybe Rivals is wrong on their class ranking for Texas...it would not be the first time Rivals rated players wrong.

Agreed. It's hard for me to get very excited over Texas' troubles this year. They are still the defending Big 12 champions, and they own us. We really haven't done anything yet.

No. 8 Texas
Last Game: Lost to Baylor 30-22
Summary: Welcome to hubris. Mack Brown is finally coming face to face with a lazy, arrogant recruiting strategy that bred entitlement among his players and failed to cultivate real relationships. When UT coaches herd in a bunch of guys on Junior Day and basically tell them “commit or forget it,” what other mindset are you instilling in them? This great program has grown fat and happy. And Texas fans aren't happy about it.
Next Game: at Kansas State. It's fair to say that Mack Brown is coaching for his job. He was supposed to retire soon anyway.

http://www.huskerlocker.com/blogs/official/big-12-rankings-week-nine-3966

Last edited:
http://www.statesman.com/sports/lon...-3-are-listless-leaderless-991001.html?page=2

Mack may need to seriously examine his offseason decision to emphasize a power running game, and decide whether to discard that approach and return to the success Texas had with the spread formation.

Maybe the Longhorns already have made that switch, using four- and five-receiver packages extensively and throwing 57 passes. But Mack's grasping.

In truth, he didn't lose this team. He never had it. This team, buoyed by a preseason Top 10 ranking and laden with NFL talent on defense, has been average from the outset.

But he did read his team right when he told the players after the narrow win over Rice that he sensed arrogance and entitlement. He saw the same on Saturday, which is startling because the Longhorns have had very little to be arrogant about.

At least, it should be a while before any arrogance returns. The positive ends there.

Texas, Notre Dame, Florida etc do get little "perks" in their star rankings....that is for sure....

Well...just maybe Rivals is wrong on their class ranking for Texas...it would not be the first time Rivals rated players wrong.

Last edited:
maybe its the assistants that left texas for head coaching gigs! what will the huskers be like if some of our staff goes off and becomes head coaches? have we ever thought of that.

Mac Brown has never been a great coach and in there lays the problem....

Yet with his worst team he still beats NU.... well, with all his teams he's beat NU. .....

UT is having a hiccup year. It happens. I wouldn't be so quick to bury them yet.

Good points....we buried Frank for one average year.

wrong......his coaching staff he hired after T.O.'s assistants retired didnt cut the mustard.Bo was hired ONE year too late. THe TALENT drain was the issue. Great guy, Solich wasnt cut out for the BCS. Why is he STILL at OHIO , under .500 in year 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back