• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Officially transferring

If we have 35 people graduate/transfer/quit per year, can we recruit that many or are we capped at 25?

With the exodus we seem to have we will be hard pressed to have a full roster soon.

At some point Moos needs to discuss the players leaving. His commitment should be to them first and if there is something amiss in the program that is running them off, that needs to be addressed asap, even if it means writing a $30 million check.

Can’t blame him he got a VERY raw deal when they moved a redshirt TE to center a week before the season two years ago.

Rob Zatechka felt that he had reached his ceiling already, and probably the other coaches felt that way too. Experienced, but an average player.

Is it possible for a guy to check out the options available to him in the portal and decide to stay? I mean if Luke has actually struggled with this decision, if he ends up without better options could he change his mind? Would the team accept him back? I know this is doubtful, but just asking if he can do this if he wanted to.

Is it possible for a guy to check out the options available to him in the portal and decide to stay? I mean if Luke has actually struggled with this decision, if he ends up without better options could he change his mind? Would the team accept him back? I know this is doubtful, but just asking if he can do this if he wanted to.

Players can withdraw from the portal, but their current teams are not required to keep them on scholarship. Form both the player's and the team's perspective, I can't imagine coming back would ever be a viable option. Too much baggage.

despite the downplaying of this, this is a big deal.
Patterns are patterns for a reason, right or wrong. If it's in Nebraska's favor..... yet to be seen.
As a scientist, I would love to see all the evidence leading to offensive transfers. Specifically the common denominators, if any.
This may be our finest hour?

I actually may be one of the few that loves this. Conversations were had with these young men regarding where they stood on the depth chart. There’s a reason all of these were announced this week.

Last edited:

Bailing like rats on the offense side of the ball. Got to wonder what the heck is going on? Execution and discipline are certainly our number one priority on offense. With that we can still have a respectable offense, but this talent drain is certainly going to take it's toll.

Well Luke will never be a QB and Warner was just meh. Better to move on now because quitters are going to quit. Better to have them quit now.

So your first example is a guy almost everyone said was an odd dude, who wasn't the most beloved teammate, and went to a new school and was nearly a zero factor? The fact he was a 'star' might be a pretty clear indication we needed some bigger 'stars', don't you think? I think much of what we are seeing is what happens when you hoped a square peg would work in the round hole. I also think we actually missed on some of our evaluations into the skills of some of the guys. It happens. It's a process. I'm not thinking all is well, but I don't feel the panic you obviously do.
You are going to truly absurd and laughable lengths to place blame on anybody but Frost. It’s just comical anymore how much you’ll degrade players to try to save face for Frost.

I’m not a Frost apologist but the team can easily move on from these departures. Luke wanted to be a QB but he couldn’t throw the ball.Warner was just a name that had zero talent and a center who couldn’t snap the ball. Good riddance to all!

Well Luke will never be a QB and Warner was just meh. Better to move on now because quitters are going to quit. Better to have them quit now.

Don't do that. Don't call them quitters. You have no idea what the circumstances are. From all reports, both guys are hard workers. Just because they are leaving our team is no reason to put labels on them. They're 20-22 year olds.

It's weird that everyone seems to know with certainty that LM was never going to be a P5 QB except our $5 million head coach, who recruited him as the class QB, elevated him to QB2 (prompting Vedral to bail) and called him the QB of the future a week ago.

Vedral must not have been able to tie his own shoes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back