• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

Maybe taking a page out of the Callahan playbook when he threw Beau Davis in against Texas Tech.
tenor.gif

Another poster made the assertion that SF may have started McCaffrey to appease the fans that were done with Adrian Martinez. It’s been said on this forum for years that Callahan threw Beau Davis to the wolves to make a point to the fans that were clamoring for the benching of Joe Daily. No parallels whatsoever. As vocal as I may be about what I believe to be serious flaws in leadership we always have you there to be at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Maybe you will be “vindicated” this year.

There are no parallels whatsoever, and you're letting your disdain cloud your judgment. That's the only logical explanation as to why you would bring up the comparison. It makes no sense, it's not similar in any way, and it is silly to even bring it up.
As far as being "vindicated", it doesn't pain me to root for my favorite team to do well. Not so I can pull an I told you so, but because I enjoy when they win.

Another poster made the assertion that SF may have started McCaffrey to appease the fans that were done with Adrian Martinez. It’s been said on this forum for years that Callahan threw Beau Davis to the wolves to make a point to the fans that were clamoring for the benching of Joe Daily. No parallels whatsoever. As vocal as I may be about what I believe to be serious flaws in leadership we always have you there to be at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Maybe you will be “vindicated” this year.
Well, don't know who the other posters are and I doubt SF starts someone to appease us fans, but more to point LM probably started because , I think it was Mills" who said LM had a different motor and provided a spark to the team. Quite frankly can't believe I'm wasting my time on this subject. Think I'll go stew over something similar like Solich getting fired.

Well, don't know who the other posters are and I doubt SF starts someone to appease us fans, but more to point LM probably started because , I think it was Mills" who said LM had a different motor and provided a spark to the team. Quite frankly can't believe I'm wasting my time on this subject. Think I'll go stew over something similar like Solich getting fired.
Solich never should have been fired!

There are no parallels whatsoever, and you're letting your disdain cloud your judgment. That's the only logical explanation as to why you would bring up the comparison. It makes no sense, it's not similar in any way, and it is silly to even bring it up.
As far as being "vindicated", it doesn't pain me to root for my favorite team to do well. Not so I can pull an I told you so, but because I enjoy when they win.
At the end of the day we both want the same thing and probably both want it pretty desperately. I’m fans of other sports teams but none in which I carry such a vested interest as I do with the Huskers. I can certainly understand why the hometown QB Is going to get more benefit of the doubt than any other coach. I also understand I am in the minority regarding my opinions on his failures in leadership and that’s fine. I would like to see this guy still coaching in 15 years at Nebraska and winning at a 70% clip. I just don’t think he’s the guy that’s going to do it and I really don’t want to start over again. If it was just the one comment regarding the future of LM I would say I’m over reacting but there’s been a common theme of questionable comments flow from the mouth of our HC that in my opinion contribute to his culture problem and have ultimately led us to 12-20. I could be wrong but would Callahan, Pelini, or Riley (all who had better records) get this almost undying support from you?

At the end of the day we both want the same thing and probably both want it pretty desperately. I’m fans of other sports teams but none in which I carry such a vested interest as I do with the Huskers. I can certainly understand why the hometown QB Is going to get more benefit of the doubt than any other coach. I also understand I am in the minority regarding my opinions on his failures in leadership and that’s fine. I would like to see this guy still coaching in 15 years at Nebraska and winning at a 70% clip. I just don’t think he’s the guy that’s going to do it and I really don’t want to start over again. If it was just the one comment regarding the future of LM I would say I’m over reacting but there’s been a common theme of questionable comments flow from the mouth of our HC that in my opinion contribute to his culture problem and have ultimately led us to 12-20. I could be wrong but would Callahan, Pelini, or Riley (all who had better records) get this almost undying support from you?
Nobody is happy with 12-20. Frost deserves criticism for that. There’s plenty of legit criticism without people just making chit up, like Frost did it to appease the fans. Just because some nobody on a message board said it doesn’t mean you have to believe it or repeat such nonsense, Nash. I think that’s what others are suggesting.

It's nowhere near undying support. I feel like the majority of the time I'm not defending Frost as much as Im getting frustrated at absurd criticism and rumor. There are plenty of things Frost deserves criticism for. He's a big reason they are 12-20 because he has made lots of mistakes along the way. I'm more than happy to have that conversation and what he can do to improve, or if he can improve. That sounds like a much more interesting conversation than talking about Beau Davis, Omaha recruiting, being scared to play Oklahoma, or any of the other topics that have been created the last 3; years.

It's nowhere near undying support. I feel like the majority of the time I'm not defending Frost as much as Im getting frustrated at absurd criticism and rumor. There are plenty of things Frost deserves criticism for. He's a big reason they are 12-20 because he has made lots of mistakes along the way. I'm more than happy to have that conversation and what he can do to improve, or if he can improve. That sounds like a much more interesting conversation than talking about Beau Davis, Omaha recruiting, being scared to play Oklahoma, or any of the other topics that have been created the last 3; years.
Fair enough. We will never agree much on Frost so there’s no point in the back and forth. It is frustrating because at this time in 2018 you would never had convinced me that 12- 20 was even remotely possible.

Fair enough. We will never agree much on Frost so there’s no point in the back and forth. It is frustrating because at this time in 2018 you would never had convinced me that 12- 20 was even remotely possible.
Me too. And add Frost to the list of people who never imagined this is where we would be after 3 seasons. Like I said, there’s plenty to criticize. At this point, he’ll either fix it or it’ll be up to the next coach.

That’s certainly a fair post and I can agree with a lot of it. I put way more emphasis on the direction of the program and how we were using Wandale than his mother in his transfer decision. It’s just my opinion but had we been winning and he is happy, he’s still here today. Spielman was obviously unhappy and even though he didn’t do anything at TCU he did with us and that’s all that I really care about. What could he have meant to our team. At the end of the day I think this is a seven or eight win team this year and I acknowledge that frost is still learning on the job. I just believe he has a long ways to go on the things other than the X’s and O’s I don’t deny that there was a culture problem I’m just not sure the guy in charge wasn’t responsible for a good portion of it.

Good post and I agree for the most part. I think this could be Frost’s best Nebraska team but that schedule is killer. Plus an injury to AM would be real bad, though a young QB would get reps and experience. But the W-L would not be good then.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back