• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

I'd say you calling SF out is assuring he isn't getting away with it, much like someone would have called Riley out. So, same deal, different person doing the "calling".

And if Riley had came to Lincoln after an undefeated record, he might have been forgiven for saying some of those things too, but then again, that's a non-issue from the start.
I understand your point but at the end of the day the guys had a losing record in four out of five seasons. Does an undefeated season erase that? That’s for each poster to decide. Personally I’ve just seen a ton that makes me question his leadership not his X’s and O’s

And if he acted like Belichick during press conferences, the exact same people would then complain that he doesn't provide enough information. So it really is a no win situation. He should just answer all questions in clicks and whistles going forward.
You know as well as I do there’s a happy medium between Belichick and Frost. Why does the head coach feel it’s necessary to criticize hoodie wearing players in the media? Who allowed it to happen in the first place and who should set the standards for what is acceptable in your program?

Around the time AM was playing poorly, he averaged less than 64% completions.
First game was 80%.
Last three 74%
The three he averaged 64%, he was pulled, as I remember it had gotten way lower than that.
Now, if you attribute his poor play to the team,wrs in particular, it wasnt starting out, nor was it finishing, it was up to his benching after game one.

Last edited:

You know as well as I do there’s a happy medium between Belichick and Frost. Why does the head coach feel it’s necessary to criticize hoodie wearing players in the media? Who allowed it to happen in the first place and who should set the standards for what is acceptable in your program?

Frustration? You act like what he said was some horrible thing. It was a mistake to say it, but no big deal in the big scheme of things.
I do know that no matter what he says, you will continue to criticize him until he starts winning at whatever your acceptable level is.

Frustration? You act like what he said was some horrible thing. It was a mistake to say it, but no big deal in the big scheme of things.
I do know that no matter what he says, you will continue to criticize him until he starts winning at whatever your acceptable level is.
Well it certainly isn’t 12-20.

Are you serious? Good lord.
I didn’t make it but there’s been the assertion that LM was thrown out there to prove something to the fans or at least appease them. The same thing was said about Beau Davis at Texas Tech. It was said then and still today that Callahan did it to prove a point. You can good Lord me all day long but that’s a fact.

I didn’t make it but there’s been the assertion that LM was thrown out there to prove something to the fans or at least appease them. The same thing was said about Beau Davis at Texas Tech. It was said then and still today that Callahan did it to prove a point. You can good Lord me all day long but that’s a fact.

I will refrain from saying what I want and just that I could not disagree more with that assessment.

That's irrelevant to the fact that you made a horrendous comparison to Beau Davis and Luke McCaffrey. I can be incredibly unhappy about 12-20 and, at the same time, never be so blinded by my emotions to make a statement so incredibly incorrect.
Another poster made the assertion that SF may have started McCaffrey to appease the fans that were done with Adrian Martinez. It’s been said on this forum for years that Callahan threw Beau Davis to the wolves to make a point to the fans that were clamoring for the benching of Joe Daily. No parallels whatsoever. As vocal as I may be about what I believe to be serious flaws in leadership we always have you there to be at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. Maybe you will be “vindicated” this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back