• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

And you couldn't be more wrong.

Seriously, do you think Scott Frost is sitting at his desk today thinking "what a relief, I've been vindicated." If that's the case, this episode has taught him nothing.

I could be wrong will not be the first time

Maybe his father can talk some sense into him. It's a shame he would be a perfect backfill for Wan'Dale leaving. And spell Martinez as well. Pride is a double edged sword

How would eligibility work if he did come back to DONU? Would he have to sit? Or would NCAA grant one of their Waivers they keep on toilet paper?

Lets not forget the "cubes" position coach in all this. Frost took Marios assessment of Luke as a QB. Mario either didnt coach him up properly or his initial assessment was way off, or both. Personally I am not impressed with him.

Are you certain Frost took only Mario’s assessment into account? Per Frost’s quote I’m very skeptical of his comparison of LM and AM to Mariota and Milton…. I know talent and ability are separate unto themselves but that’s a hell of a leap of faith from my perspective!

Frost said he feels both Martinez and McCaffrey possess the sort of talent that would allow them to rise the level of, say, Marcus Mariota, whom Frost coached at Oregon, or McKenzie Milton, whom Frost coached at Central Florida.

Quote (paraphrase?) at the end of this article:

How would eligibility work if he did come back to DONU? Would he have to sit? Or would NCAA grant one of their Waivers they keep on toilet paper?
If he didn't enroll and take classes at Louisville, and completed the Spring semester at UNL, it might go through as "no change". Of course, he would no longer be on scholarship, and I think he would be a fine walk-on. ;)

Last edited:
If he didn't enroll and take classes at Louisville, and completed the Spring semester at UNL, it might go through as "no change". Of course, he would no longer be on scholarship, and I think he would be a fine walk-on. ;)

Does he not have to be enrolled to participate in the drills etc?

Not a QB unless he’s playing for a program like Navy or Army…

Could not throw….

Could he have developed that aspect under more tutuledge? Who knows…

But you have to remember the kids anymore have pretty much put the word “development” out of their lexicon.

They want to play. And they want to play quickly. And if they can’t, they immediately start looking elsewhere. And the transfer portal enables that.

Bad, good, whatever, it is what it is.

I wish Luke all the best and hope he does well wherever he lands because while here, I think he gave us his absolute best, was a good student and stayed out of trouble.

That’s all we should expect anymore because I hate to tell you guys but the “school loyalty” thing it’s pretty much very hard to find amongst players who aren’t regular starters anymore.

I wish Luke all the best and hope he does well wherever he lands because while here, I think he gave us his absolute best, was a good student and stayed out of trouble.
I too wish him the best but I really could care less if he has success in the game of football. He did represent himself well while at NU although I question his decision-making and counsel since making his decision to leave NU. And it may be difficult for him to do well as he doesn’t seem to land for long ;)

Not a QB unless he’s playing for a program like Navy or Army…

Could not throw….

Could he have developed that aspect under more tutuledge? Who knows…

But you have to remember the kids anymore have pretty much put the word “development” out of their lexicon.

They want to play. And they want to play quickly. And if they can’t, they immediately start looking elsewhere. And the transfer portal enables that.

Bad, good, whatever, it is what it is.

That’s all we should expect anymore because I hate to tell you guys but the “school loyalty” thing it’s pretty much very hard to find amongst players who aren’t regular starters anymore.

And sometimes, the loyalty doesn't even extend from players who DO start!

I wouldn't say it reflects poorly on Frost but it certainly doesn't vindicate him either. It's was a recruiting mistake coupled with a starting him as QB mistake as well. The comment is an issue IMO because I think he was placating LM's ego and should have been more discrete about it.

Maybe you're right and the comment was more vague than I'm remembering it.
Definitely true...everything you said. If I think back to that time though, most everyone (myself included) was angry with Adrian and wanted Scott to give him a shot at starting. You maybe didnt do that, but I sure did. My point is, Scott was hearing it from all sides, so I am not sure he had another option but to start him. I also agree with what your saying in terms of Scott certainly not being vindicated.

I too wish him the best but I really could care less if he has success in the game of football. He did represent himself well while at NU although I question his decision-making and counsel since making his decision to leave NU. And it may be difficult for him to do well as he
doesn’t seem to land for long ;)
Think this sums it up. We always say: "Once a Husker, always a Husker.". He did represent himself well while here and as far as I know, he's never said a bad word about our Program. So, wish him well and hope he figures it out.

Definitely true...everything you said. If I think back to that time though, most everyone (myself included) was angry with Adrian and wanted Scott to give him a shot at starting. You maybe didnt do that, but I sure did. My point is, Scott was hearing it from all sides, so I am not sure he had another option but to start him. I also agree with what your saying in terms of Scott certainly not being vindicated.
I probably did want LM to start but I can't remember. I'm a fan which means that sometimes my emotions get the better of me in terms of who should play/start.

Frost is better than I am for sure so I hope the "hearing it from all sides" didn't play a role in him starting LM. I suspect it didn't to be honest.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back