• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

Last edited:

It's the off season so there's a lot of discussions that really have ZERO impact on our 2021 season. Far as I'm concerned I have no ill will towards LM and hope things work out for him. After saying that to me he's yesterdays newspaper. I'll add IMO it would be extremely unlikely had LM stayed he could have become a featured receiver anytime soon at Nebraska.

It's the off season so there's a lot of discussions that really have ZERO impact on our 2021 season. Far as I'm concerned I have no ill will towards LM and hope things work out for him. After saying that to me he's yesterdays newspaper. I'll add IMO it would be extremely unlikely had LM stayed he could have become a featured receiver anytime soon at Nebraska.
Yep once they leave I don’t give a crap what they do. He’s not a Huskers anymore!

I think that’s a valid criticism. We do seem to be getting to many borderline kids. I’m not sure if it’s the staffs fault or just some kids that don’t want to work. It’s definitely a valid concern. I think the kids we see staying and playing are a lot better than the ones transferring.
I just see this in a different light. There have always been kids that sign with Nebraska that don't work out. Collins Okafor jumps to mind -- good prospect at RB, never materialized. It was obvious that he wasn't going to break the rotation after his second year, but he stayed around on scholarship for another three years. He didn't transfer - he just ate up a scholarship. When someone doesn't work out at Nebraska and they transfer because of the current rules, is the football team better off or no?

You can say "good coaches make players fit" which I really don't agree with. There are different ways to get people to do what you want, but the 20-60-20 rule is almost universal. In an given organization, 20% will excel no matter what management does. 20% will underperform, even if they excelled in other organizations, for many reasons that may not be under the control of management. Good managers 'help' the middle 60% follow the top 20%.

I think it’s hard to blame Frost for all the roster turnover. It’s honestly just part of college sports now.
I don't blame him for 'all' of the turn over. He, IMO, certainly blundered and made several missteps tho...specifically related to the roster. Really hard to justify the statements he made about what he inherited, and then turn around and have to rely on what he inherited, without significant progress in those he recruited. Sorta hard to 'get behind' a coach's philosophy/culture when he says you ain't good enough...

I just see this in a different light. There have always been kids that sign with Nebraska that don't work out. Collins Okafor jumps to mind -- good prospect at RB, never materialized. It was obvious that he wasn't going to break the rotation after his second year, but he stayed around on scholarship for another three years. He didn't transfer - he just ate up a scholarship. When someone doesn't work out at Nebraska and they transfer because of the current rules, is the football team better off or no?

You can say "good coaches make players fit" which I really don't agree with. There are different ways to get people to do what you want, but the 20-60-20 rule is almost universal. In an given organization, 20% will excel no matter what management does. 20% will underperform, even if they excelled in other organizations, for many reasons that may not be under the control of management. Good managers 'help' the middle 60% follow the top 20%.
For sure and we know that the "work out" rate for recruits nationally is right about 50%. I think the point here is that LM not working out here or at Louisville may be just another recruit that didn't work out. It happens, literally 50% of the time. That's fine but there is no way to honestly label this as vindicating Frost.

I actually tend to agree with you. That’s why I said the kids staying just seem to be better. My personal opinion is that the kids transfer for many different reasons, but mainly because they can’t play day one. I do think NUalums criticism is a fair one to discuss however.

As for that not being allowed that's incorrect with the new rules

If I were talking about personal information such as health issues, affairs etc then you would be correct

You really need to lighten up and stop being so personal. it got you in very serious trouble once before on this board.

Nuff said

RR
Not trying to get in the middle, but is it now OK to openly discuss moderation in the forums?

Last edited:

I don't blame him for 'all' of the turn over. He, IMO, certainly blundered and made several missteps tho...specifically related to the roster. Really hard to justify the statements he made about what he inherited, and then turn around and have to rely on what he inherited, without significant progress in those he recruited. Sorta hard to 'get behind' a coach's philosophy/culture when he says you ain't good enough...
Fair enough! I think it’s been a lot of things that all compounded on each other. You had the Mo Washington crap, Spielman transfer, WR transfer, LM transfer. I think three of those aren’t on Frost at all. He probably should have dialed it back in the beginning when talking about the prior staff. I can say the prior staff completely sucked but I’m just a fan.

Fair enough! I think it’s been a lot of things that all compounded on each other. You had the Mo Washington crap, Spielman transfer, WR transfer, LM transfer. I think three of those aren’t on Frost at all. He probably should have dialed it back in the beginning when talking about the prior staff. I can say the prior staff completely sucked but I’m just a fan.
I'd say the WR is the one that is least likely on Frost. I put some responsibility on him for the rest...different degrees tho.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back