• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

Not sure what's going on with Luke, could be a lot of factors here, but almost, maybe, just possibly seems like the Nebraska coaches might now be considered to have handled this the right way to let him leave:

Agreed... when you are in the portal twice in 6 months, it's most likely a "you problem".

He's talented, but his brother is a once in a lifetime athlete. He may have the ability to rise close to Christian's level but I seriously doubt his work ethic. If you expect things handed to you, you feel no need to polish the skills you have. Unfortunate for this kid, but a life lesson learned down the road.

If he would be willing to admit that his best spot on the field is in the slot with a few carries a game at RB, I think he could find a number of quality programs that would be interested. He doesn't look like a D1 QB and I don't think he is big enough to be a full time RB.
I know that Coach Frost said he wanted to keep him at QB, but I wonder if that was just posturing to keep him in the fold towards the end?

Oh well, good luck Kid! Your an excellent athlete. I hope you find a good landing spot.

Hard to believe Frost actually said he was the future QB at Nebraska.

Unless of course he told him his best position would be WR and he chose to leave

None of us knows what the discussions with family erc. We're and that's a fact

If anything this vindicates Coach Frost
Hear, here.

There was so much wailing and gnashing of teeth among the fan base over Wandale and Luke transferring out. Robinson's departure may turn out to be a blow to the program, McCaffrey....not so much.

Unless of course he told him his best position would be WR and he chose to leave

None of us knows what the discussions with family erc. We're and that's a fact

If anything this vindicates Coach Frost
Frost said out loud that LM was the future QB at Nebraska. There is no vindication here at all. It's ok to be wrong and it's ok to point out that Frost was wrong.

Stop trying to make this out to be something different than it is with your "none of us knows...and that's a fact" and then going right into "this vindicates Coach Frost" as if your prior statement somehow makes your conjecture about the talk with the family real.

We know for a fact that Frost said LM was the future at QB here. We know for a fact that Frost started LM at QB. We know for a fact that LM didn't work out here as a QB and left Louisville after a handful of practices because he couldn't win the starting QB job there either.

Evaluating LM as a QB, saying he's the future QB, and starting him at QB were all mistakes. Again, that's fine, mistakes happen but pretending that somehow those mistakes vindicate Frost because of a "talk with the family" that you invented is disingenuous and borders on a rumor and those aren't allowed here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went to N CO and backed up his SR brother then have dad hand him the starting QB job after his brother leaves.
Honestly that's what I was thinking.

But I find it odd that the entire family said his only avenue to the NFL was to NOT play QB. Wonder if Luke is just stubborn and wants to defy naysayers at the expense of his pro future?

Two thoughts: (1)Luke McCaffrey is making Scott Frost look better by the day. (2) This whole portal thing is making the NCAA look worse by the day.
Agree with both, particularly the latter. The portal combined with immediate eligibility in all transfer cases sucks for coaches, fans, and the sport in general. I guess it is good for the players, although it seems to be encouraging a lot of rash decisions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back