• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

Louisville’s QB room is less filled than Nebraska’s. I - 2 year starter back, 1 other young scholarship QB and 1 FR walk-on. That’s it. Louisville has a whopping 3 QBs on their roster with Luke leaving, 1 a walk-on. You can’t make it there as a QB you better drop to NAIA or 1-AA or Division II.

I don't think he was even there long enough for the coaches to be honest with him.
Perhaps he was there long enough to be honest with himself. I find it hard to believe that with the football knowledge in that family that he and his dad can look at his film and expect him to be a starting qb anywhere in this day and age. If this was back a couple decades when some teams would throw 10-12 times a game that would be one thing but to rely on his arm to get you first downs and throw 25-35 times a game simply wont work.

Perhaps he was there long enough to be honest with himself. I find it hard to believe that with the football knowledge in that family that he and his dad can look at his film and expect him to be a starting qb anywhere in this day and age. If this was back a couple decades when some teams would throw 10-12 times a game that would be one thing but to rely on his arm to get you first downs and throw 25-35 times a game simply wont work.

If he was honest with himself, he would have stayed and developed into an offensive weapon that's not at QB.

If he would be willing to admit that his best spot on the field is in the slot with a few carries a game at RB, I think he could find a number of quality programs that would be interested. He doesn't look like a D1 QB and I don't think he is big enough to be a full time RB.
I know that Coach Frost said he wanted to keep him at QB, but I wonder if that was just posturing to keep him in the fold towards the end?

Oh well, good luck Kid! Your an excellent athlete. I hope you find a good landing spot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back