• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffrey Leaves Louisville

Frost said out loud that LM was the future QB at Nebraska. There is no vindication here at all. It's ok to be wrong and it's ok to point out that Frost was wrong.

Stop trying to make this out to be something different than it is with your "none of us knows...and that's a fact" and then going right into "this vindicates Coach Frost" as if your prior statement somehow makes your conjecture about the talk with the family real.

We know for a fact that Frost said LM was the future at QB here. We know for a fact that Frost started LM at QB. We know for a fact that LM didn't work out here as a QB and left Louisville after a handful of practices because he couldn't win the starting QB job there either.

Evaluating LM as a QB, saying he's the future QB, and starting him at QB were all mistakes. Again, that's fine, mistakes happen but pretending that somehow those mistakes vindicate Frost because of a "talk with the family" that you invented is disingenuous and borders on a rumor and those aren't allowed here.
We need to find the exact quote. I don't think Frost ever said he was "the future QB" as if it was guaranteed. I thought he said "he looks like the future at QB" or something to the effect of "his skill set is what we want for our QBs in the future".

I took that quote as being a "public motivator". i.e. a public comment meant to push the player toward a certain goal (whereas coach will be a lot more specific, with a slightly different message, in private).

I don't think that comment in any way reflects poorly on Frost.

We need to find the exact quote. I don't think Frost ever said he was "the future QB" as if it was guaranteed. I thought he said "he looks like the future at QB" or something to the effect of "his skill set is what we want for our QBs in the future".

I took that quote as being a "public motivator". i.e. a public comment meant to push the player toward a certain goal (whereas coach will be a lot more specific, with a slightly different message, in private).

I wouldn't say it reflects poorly on Frost but it certainly doesn't vindicate him either. It's was a recruiting mistake coupled with a starting him as QB mistake as well. The comment is an issue IMO because I think he was placating LM's ego and should have been more discrete about it.

Maybe you're right and the comment was more vague than I'm remembering it.

Kind of a shame a kid with all this raw athletic talent will most likely never be able to develop it further. Just can't seem to find the right situation and fit. He was a project when he was recruited as he was only a qb for a year in high school. Tremendous blood lines but that don't always cut it!

Here's the first article that popped up on the issue:

I suppose the quote could be parsed and re-parsed, but the implication on it's surface is both that LM was the future at quarterback (no mention of competition or position change) and Frost publicly intimated that he saw similarities between his circumstances and LM's.

Not seeing a lot of vindication myself here. Seeing mistakes, several actually. Roster management, messaging, declarations, etc. have IMO been the biggest mistakes/missteps/miscalculations that Frost has made since his arrival.

I wouldn't say it reflects poorly on Frost but it certainly doesn't vindicate him either. It's was a recruiting mistake coupled with a starting him as QB mistake as well. The comment is an issue IMO because I think he was placating LM's ego and should have been more discrete about it.

Maybe you're right and the comment was more vague than I'm remembering it.
I don’t really think it makes Frost look good or bad. He took a chance on a really good athlete. The kid obviously has some issues. I honestly don’t think he’s ever going to be a good college quarterback at this level.maybe the coaches at Nebraska and Louisville thought he could develop into one. I do think the whole group of transfers has vindicated Frost in some ways. Other than WR everyone else either moved down or has transferred again. Also other schools have caught up to us in amount of transfers. Hell Colorado cream puffs lost the QB.

Frost said out loud that LM was the future QB at Nebraska. There is no vindication here at all. It's ok to be wrong and it's ok to point out that Frost was wrong.

Stop trying to make this out to be something different than it is with your "none of us knows...and that's a fact" and then going right into "this vindicates Coach Frost" as if your prior statement somehow makes your conjecture about the talk with the family real.

We know for a fact that Frost said LM was the future at QB here. We know for a fact that Frost started LM at QB. We know for a fact that LM didn't work out here as a QB and left Louisville after a handful of practices because he couldn't win the starting QB job there either.

Evaluating LM as a QB, saying he's the future QB, and starting him at QB were all mistakes. Again, that's fine, mistakes happen but pretending that somehow those mistakes vindicate Frost because of a "talk with the family" that you invented is disingenuous and borders on a rumor and those aren't allowed here.

As for that not being allowed that's incorrect with the new rules

If I were talking about personal information such as health issues, affairs etc then you would be correct

You really need to lighten up and stop being so personal. it got you in very serious trouble once before on this board.

Nuff said

RR

Last edited:

Here's the first article that popped up on the issue:

I suppose the quote could be parsed and re-parsed, but the implication on it's surface is both that LM was the future at quarterback (no mention of competition or position change) and Frost publicly intimated that he saw similarities between his circumstances and LM's.

Not seeing a lot of vindication myself here. Seeing mistakes, several actually. Roster management, messaging, declarations, etc. have IMO been the biggest mistakes/missteps/miscalculations that Frost has made since his arrival.
I think it’s hard to blame Frost for all the roster turnover. It’s honestly just part of college sports now.

I don’t really think it makes Frost look good or bad. He took a chance on a really good athlete. The kid obviously has some issues. I honestly don’t think he’s ever going to be a good college quarterback at this level.maybe the coaches at Nebraska and Louisville thought he could develop into one. I do think the whole group of transfers has vindicated Frost in some ways. Other than WR everyone else either moved down or has transferred again. Also other schools have caught up to us in amount of transfers. Hell Colorado cream puffs lost the QB.
The first part is basically what I said. It may make Frost look bad for a number of reasons but simply calling it a mistake is accurate as well and that's fine, mistakes happen.

There's no way to call his a vindication of Frost. That's just an outright attempt to control what people think.

As to the second part about all the transfers, doesn't the fact that only one caught on at a major school show that we aren't recruiting/evaluating the talent well? At a minimum it shows that we have some issues in that department and requires further investigation.

I agree with NUAlum. Nobody looks better here.... .. or vindicated. I don't think Frosty is trying to control what people think though... .. just a different way to look at the situation.

Last edited:
As for that not being allowed that's incorrect with the new rules

If I were talking about personal information such as health issues, affairs etc then you would be correct

You really need to lighten up and stop being so personal. it got you in very serious trouble once before on this board.

Nuff said

RR
Way to attack the person and not the post. I presume that's still against the rules? Wouldn't you tell others to take this type of thing to PM?

Nothing I said in my prior post is personal at all. Pointing out inaccuracies in your post isn't personal, it's just using facts. I'm not the one that needs to lighten up here.

Way to attack the person and not the post. I presume that's still against the rules? Wouldn't you tell others to take this type of thing to PM?

Nothing I said in my prior post is personal at all. Pointing out inaccuracies in your post isn't personal, it's just using facts. I'm not the one that needs to lighten up here.

Let's take it to a PM now

The first part is basically what I said. It may make Frost look bad for a number of reasons but simply calling it a mistake is accurate as well and that's fine, mistakes happen.

There's no way to call his a vindication of Frost. That's just an outright attempt to control what people think.

As to the second part about all the transfers, doesn't the fact that only one caught on at a major school show that we aren't recruiting/evaluating the talent well? At a minimum it shows that we have some issues in that department and requires further investigation.
I think that’s a valid criticism. We do seem to be getting to many borderline kids. I’m not sure if it’s the staffs fault or just some kids that don’t want to work. It’s definitely a valid concern. I think the kids we see staying and playing are a lot better than the ones transferring.

Here’s what I found, my opinion is Frost was placating Luke with his comment as he was planning on starting Adrian over Luke against Iowa after the debacle against Illinois.

"There's no doubt in my mind Luke McCaffrey's the future around here, but right now to help us win, we've got to play the guy who gives us the best chance. I think Adrian's (Martinez) been playing with a little chip on his shoulder. Luke's playing well, so we're going to evaluate this week and see which one goes out there. ...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back