• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

I hear this a lot and I don’t know what goes on inside the S&C program other than what I hear on HM and from a few other people. But people keep saying we see it on the field. I’m thinking about the 2020 2-deep and the only person I can think of who has struggled with their physical development was Martinez in 2019 but not 2020. McCaffrey put on good weight and stayed fast and athletic. The O line is developing. Farniok had limitations but he came with those. He’s not as athletic as the recent recruits. The D line was full of young guys who looked fantastic physically and played really well for their age. Even Daniels is transforming his body. Our DBs looks great. And obviously we have freakishly athletic guys like JoJo and Luke Reimer who would be Exhibit A against this claim about our S&C program. I don’t doubt what you guys are saying about our methods being so different from the rest of the country, but can you point to the evidence on the field for me? Who is it that you’re referring to?
All you have to do is watch the games. Most teams are faster, stronger, and much more athletic than us. Our defensive line has improved the last couple years, I use a team like Iowa for example. When they made up their minds to run the ball on us, they were able to shove it right down our throats. Running backs driving straight ahead for several extra yards after contact. And same with Wisconsin. Both teams we have better recruits than.

All you have to do is watch the games. Most teams are faster, stronger, and much more athletic than us. Our defensive line has improved the last couple years, I use a team like Iowa for example. When they made up their minds to run the ball on us, they were able to shove it right down our throats. Running backs driving straight ahead for several extra yards after contact. And same with Wisconsin. Both teams we have better recruits than.

Not in this year's game they didn't.

Who are the Nebraska players you’re talking about?

I don't know enough about S&C to answer the question but from what I have gleaned from other posters is not that we haven't got stronger and bigger but that we have lost flexibility and athleticism.
I hear it too. I’m not seeing it on the field. As I pointed out in my earlier post, I see solid development all over our 2 deep and I mentioned several names. I’m asking who are the players that have been limited by our S&C?

Last edited:
I'm not seeing that. I'm seeing constant mistakes.

I don't know how many times it has to be said to finally reach people on this forum. Let's try it again.

Nebraska is the only place in the nation doing what it does with S&C. It is not because they are ahead of other programs. It's because they are 2 decades behind them.
I asked another member this but I’ll ask you as well. I’m thinking about the 2020 2-deep and the only person I can think of who has struggled with their physical development was Martinez in 2019 but not 2020. McCaffrey put on good weight and stayed fast and athletic. The O line is developing. Farniok had limitations but he came with those. He’s not as athletic as the recent recruits. The D line was full of young guys who looked fantastic physically and played really well for their age. Even Daniels is transforming his body. Our DBs looks great. And obviously we have freakishly athletic guys like JoJo and Luke Reimer who would be Exhibit A against this claim about our S&C program. I don’t doubt what you guys are saying about our methods being so different from the rest of the country, but can you point to specific players who are limited by our S&C?

He grew up in Alabama and I could be wrong but I don’t believe he had an SEC offer-maybe one of the Mississippi schools.
Before you pass judgment based on the SEC offers, you might need to know who those schools had commitments from. You also might want to gauge if Logan was interested in the offenses being played at all the SEC schools. If he showed zero interest in the program or particular offense, he may have said don’t offer. If other schools already had their top choice in place, then why offer Smothers? No, simply judging based on his ‘limited’ SEC offers isn’t a gauge of his ability.

I hear it too. I’m not seeing it on the field. As I pointed out in my earlier post, I see solid development all over our 2 deep and I mentioned several names. I’m asking who are the players that have been limited by our S&C?
Mo Barry comes to mind. He was fast and agile when he was younger and got slower the "stronger"he became. Corey Cooper was the same way. it seems like guys aren't having that happen as much anymore so hopefully that trend is over for us.

If he isn't taking part in any team activities why has he not been told to go pound sand? If you are undecided at least remain part of the team. If you chose to go it alone, see ya. If there isn't anything more to it this doesn't speak well to Scott's leadership. If I'm a Husker and I hear LM still getting praised by SF in the media, I'm a bit put off to say it mildly.
Maybe more is being read into this then what is really there. Only been two weeks ago "the meeting" was discussed-and from people who allegedly are more in the know, say dad has told him he is a WR type person not a QB. Maybe the kid likes his parents and wants to hang with them before going into a "bubble".?

I thought LM had some sort of surgery after the season? Perhaps he's not able to start winter training yet? Just a thought.

If memory is somewhat good, the Huskers showed early love, and SEC schools, and others, were showing late interest.

Could be.

I’m usually in the dark in regards to the recruitment process until a kid signs, so I don’t know. I have some former coworkers that are from Alabama who thought our signing if Smothers was a bit of a coup.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back