• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

I unfortunately have about zero intel on this situation. Started just before Rutgers game is about all I got.
Thanks for the hint at a time-line to LM's discontent?
I read the practice threads leading up to our game against Rutgers. Some player quotes seemed to indicate some " smoke" specifically as it related to " culture" and playing time for LM.
I just want this staff to get the offense figured out.

Isn’t a fair amount of that success attached to the perception that the coaching and offense were good for a path towards the NFL?
To some extent that true but look at the QB's that Oklahoma produced? They don't really run a pro style drop back NFL type offense? However look at the duel threat QB's they've had compared to Nebraska as for going forward to the NFL. So yes I agree some of getting those top QB's has to do with the offense run. Having said that I'm hoping Frost's offense is going to attract some top talent.

To some extent that true but look at the QB's that Oklahoma produced? They don't really run a pro style drop back NFL type offense? However look at the duel threat QB's they've had compared to Nebraska as for going forward to the NFL. So yes I agree some of getting those top QB's has to do with the offense run. Having said that I'm hoping Frost's offense is going to attract some top talent.
No, but we also aren't talking about just some decent QBs, we are talking about guys who have either won, or been in contention for the Heisman at OU. Add to that, it is an offense that does get used to some degree by a few NFL teams. Purdue has largely been successful with QBs that were running a far less RPO type offense. Looking at their top QBs to have played in the league, and the list if very thin in recent years. Most were only around for a cup of coffee, then jumped into the real world with a nice degree.

Last edited:

No, but we also aren't talking about just some decent QBs, we are talking about guys who have either won, or been in contention for the Heisman at OU. Add to that, it is an offense that does get used to some degree by a few NFL teams. Purdue has largely been successful with QBs that were running a far less RPO type offense. Looking at their top QBs to have played in the league, and the list if very thin in recent years. Most were only around for a cup of coffee, then jumped into the real world with a nice degree.
That's true but compared to the Huskers Purdue's QB's into the NFL are recent. :Lol: Husker QB's to the NFL ranks we need to go back to 1992 (except Tanner Lee) which is long drought imo.

That's true but compared to the Huskers Purdue's QB's into the NFL are recent. :Lol: Husker QB's to the NFL ranks we need to go back to 1992 (except Tanner Lee) which is long drought imo.
Who did the Husker's have in 1992 as a QB in the NFL? Not being smart, just can't think of who it would be.

The biggest thing for me in relation to our QB’s and coaching is this: when I watched multiple games the lack of fundamentals when setting up to make a “non pressured pass” was bad and is not a good look for recruits. During one of the last games on TV AM had a wide open receiver and no defender near AM...instead of gathering himself and using proper footwork he threw while running off the wrong foot (unnecessary) wildly incomplete. As I watched I literally could not believe it!! The announcer said the EXACT same thing after the play...
This is not good to be seeing/thinking/hearing on National TV for your offense/QB/ recruiting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back