• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke Fickell "there might be something there"

Maybe we should ask them during their interview if they are just here to steal our money!

“It is now time to open this up for questions for Coach….”

“Welcome to Lincoln Coach..Sam McKewon from the Omaha Herald. Can you please discuss the agreed upon buyout in your new contract and when you plan on collecting the buyout?”

Last edited:

No, he has just never been out of Ohio and this year he is showing more of what I would expect from him.
So that makes him a thief?

Or are you saying trying not to lure someone who doesn’t want to be here with big dollars creates a situation where the he coach will ultimately fail and a buyout will l end up being paid?

If the latter, I agree.

Last edited:

“It is now time to open this up for questions for Coach….”

“Welcome to Lincoln Coach..Sam McKewon from the Omaha Herald. Can you please discuss the agreed upon buyout in your new contract and when you plan on collecting the buyout?”
It would be funny if it weren't entirely possible. lol. Our media has rolled out some doozies for sure.

I was listening to the Pick 6 Podcast and those postulated that maybe Trev has a guy he’s wanted since last year. They mentioned Matt Campbell but what if it’s Fickell. Trev knew Fickell wasn’t going to leave last year as they were headed toward a birth in the CFP. Trev keeps the Frosty fans happy by bringing their guy back knowing he would fail and that Fickell probably wasn’t going to be able to make another CFP run from a non power 5 school.

Now Trev has his guy. If we don’t hear anything next weekend then we know it’s a coach whose team is playing in a CCG and that narrows it down to Fickell or Klieman. 8 years/$64 mill with $7-8 mill for assistants.
Fickell has been my top pick from the beginning. Ohio State and Notre Dame aren't opening up any time soon. I've heard his wife doesn't want to leave Ohio, but a few million a year can help with that. He's topped out at Cincinnati.

I know we all justifiably have an inferiority complex but NU and Cincinnati are not even comparable programs from a coach's perspective.

Fickell has been my top pick from the beginning. Ohio State and Notre Dame aren't opening up any time soon. I've heard his wife doesn't want to leave Ohio, but a few million a year can help with that. He's topped out at Cincinnati.

I know we all justifiably have an inferiority complex but NU and Cincinnati are not even comparable programs from a coach's perspective.
Frost's wife didn't want to leave Florida...might be a red flag on Fickell.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back