• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lubick vs. Diaco? Sip.

A lot of words in the article saying nothing. How silly. For the record not a lot of people asking Scott to go a completely different direction. Most fans see the need for a tweak on offense, not an overhaul. This hire is a tweak. Diaco hire was an overhaul.
The deal with Lubick is that he not only worked with Frost at OU he worked as OC with Chris Peterson at Washington.

Any time you spend with a championship level coach is a positive. You get a chance to see a different perspective. He might be able to bring that perspective to the offensive discussion.

Maybe, but there are a lot of guys how have spent time with a championship coach. SF wanted Lubick because of their time together at Oregon, not because of a brief time with CP.

Maybe, but there are a lot of guys how have spent time with a championship coach. SF wanted Lubick because of their time together at Oregon, not because of a brief time with CP.
Two years of experience with Chris Peterson an icon of football would not be considered brief by any measurement.

Given that Lubick left the year before CP surprisingly resigned, there may have been other things going on in that staff, that program’s environment, or something may have been amiss.

Looking at the guy’s resume...all the years, moves across the country, moving up, back down, back up the ladder...he had to be crispy. If something else was in the background at UW that wasn’t quite right...it may have tipped his decision to step back and breathe easy for a bit. In retrospect, he may have been in line to be HC if he had stayed. Or maybe CP let his assistants in on his career plans a lot earlier and who he would recommend if he resigned, ala T.O...hypothetical, not out of realm of possibility...and Lubick decided not to hang around.

I certainly don’t think a year away from the game is a negative in any way. In fact, I think it may be a huge positive. Burnout and stress at that level has to be ungodly. Yeah, they get paid a lot, but human is human. Constant long hours, constant stress, travel, dealing with 100’s of people each day, job insecurity...it’s all gotta take a huge toll. Plus, he was consulting for Frost, so he WAS engaged at some level, even if it wasnt 24/7.

As far as his longevity here...not concerned. They will be honest with kids and there are never any real guarantees that an assistant will be anywhere for all 4-5 years for a kid these days. If we get 2 years or 10, it will be what it is and we’ll move on. I hope it’s wildly successful and he’s here awhile.

I really like the potential of this. “Doubling down” on his system-with an experienced P5 OC that came from the same root system, and a guy he worked well with-was the smartest move Frost could make. I anticipate noticeable improvement in the offense, especially at the WR position.

Given that Lubick left the year before CP surprisingly resigned, there may have been other things going on in that staff, that program’s environment, or something may have been amiss.

Looking at the guy’s resume...all the years, moves across the country, moving up, back down, back up the ladder...he had to be crispy. If something else was in the background at UW that wasn’t quite right...it may have tipped his decision to step back and breathe easy for a bit. In retrospect, he may have been in line to be HC if he had stayed. Or maybe CP let his assistants in on his career plans a lot earlier and who he would recommend if he resigned, ala T.O...hypothetical, not out of realm of possibility...and Lubick decided not to hang around.

I certainly don’t think a year away from the game is a negative in any way. In fact, I think it may be a huge positive. Burnout and stress at that level has to be ungodly. Yeah, they get paid a lot, but human is human. Constant long hours, constant stress, travel, dealing with 100’s of people each day, job insecurity...it’s all gotta take a huge toll. Plus, he was consulting for Frost, so he WAS engaged at some level, even if it wasnt 24/7.

As far as his longevity here...not concerned. They will be honest with kids and there are never any real guarantees that an assistant will be anywhere for all 4-5 years for a kid these days. If we get 2 years or 10, it will be what it is and we’ll move on. I hope it’s wildly successful and he’s here awhile.

I really like the potential of this. “Doubling down” on his system-with an experienced P5 OC that came from the same root system, and a guy he worked well with-was the smartest move Frost could make. I anticipate noticeable improvement in the offense, especially at the WR position.
Finally something we agree on. He was a GOOD OC at UDub and he knows the system Frost wanted. Oregon has had some good running backs as well as QB's

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back