• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lost another Nebraska kid

Followed the NE Prospects 2019 Scout team that traveled to St. Louis this weekend and went 6-0. 5 D1 commits and multiple IWCC and Hutch commits. No Huskers on the roster.

A few will blast me again for posting this stuff and being negative. Fact is these parents are getting turned off by the staff and the staff is flat out getting spanked by other D1 coaches in recruiting.

We won’t be able to out recruit A&M—that is a fantasy, with our conference affiliation. But we should have our pick from guys we’re currently “losing” to Wichita State, Kansas State, Creighton, and the Juco’s of the world, as *** has chronicled.

We won’t be able to out recruit A&M—that is a fantasy, with our conference affiliation. But we should have our pick from guys we’re currently “losing” to Wichita State, Kansas State, Creighton, and the Juco’s of the world, as *** has chronicled.
Agree there. Excited to see how the new staff attacks locally and stays on kids like this from Nebraska that go JUCO.

I really think recruiting more nationally is where a lot of the negativity comes from. 2019 and 2020 in state shows a lot of kids going elsewhere.

@BasilLongfellow you brought this kid up before on here

Yeah, I did. Yawn. Another one of these threads. More living out unfulfilled dreams through kids. We all know and all agree on the former staff's recruiting of Lincoln and Omaha.

I literally just today talked to a JUCO head coach that was in the JUCO world series this past season. We talked about Zane and some other players. We had a nice talk about lots of stuff for about an hour.

We don’t have any more money until Hammitt signs somewhere anyway. Will be interesting to see what the new staff does. We literally can’t take every Nebraska kid so there will always be someone to complain about.

This is what I was going to say. There will be misses. There will be hits.

This is what I was going to say. There will be misses. There will be hits.
It's different on a lot of levels. Erstad had no shot at Logan Foster, so can we really be mad? But I don't want to throw up the white flag either.

The example is great for the 2020 class in Nebraska. 11 kids committed to a D1 school. We quite literally can't take them all. Even if you throw UNOmaha out, there's 9... so that would mean we would have to take every single kid and not take a single out of state kid. That's before we talk kids wanting to go south to play who I can't blame. I will be real interested to see what happens with the new coach. Erstad was taking 2-3 every class from Nebraska, let's get it to 4 or 5 and get a couple studs from out of state and call it a day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back