• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lost a Recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouch. Hope Jason Dann is the real deal. The staff obviously thought this kid was worth a scholly offer. Best of luck to him.

It looks like we lost our kicker today to North Carolina State. Kind of surprising but good luck to the young man.

I am afraid I would not be surprised at all if the dismal performance Thurs had something to do with this decommit.

Last edited:

I am afraid I would not be surprised at all if the dismal performance Thurs had something to do with this decommit.

There was an article on Huskers.com a few days ago with an interview with Alex Henery. I wonder if that could have scared Sade off a little, also.

Alex, basically, said he and Adi were self coached and somewhat self taught.

I could see where this could have influenced Sade's decision, also.

Maybe he thought he could get more instruction, even though he did go through NU's camp in the summer and saw what was being offered.

I wonder if NC State has near the NFL kickers that NU has placed in the league, lately.

He probably wondered how he could kick fg's on a team that can't seem to get past the 40.:thumbsdown:

Home state school offered a schollie. Probably nothing more and nothing less.

Go Jason Dann!

This could be as big of a loss as we'll have. I consider the loss of Alex Henery to graduation to be the single biggest loss as it is -- especially for an offense that's shown to be incompetent many times. (I can't imagine where we could have been without our most reliable player to put points on the board these past couple of seasons.)

Now you see while I can never join the "great to have you as a Husker" bandwagon until the kids sign. You just never know with verbals.

My take on all of this is, we offered a scholarship early....kickers rarely get skollies and he took it....NCSU came in late, when they assessed that they had one to give and he accepted so he could stay at home and play in front of family....I honestly don't think there is anymore to it than that....best of luck to him...he is an outstanding prospect...the good news in all of this is does free up a scholarship for another non-kicker.....which in the scheme of things is not all that bad....

One game does not normally turn a kids head away from a school, so I wouldn't read anything into that all.....if that was true we wouldn't have recruited anyone after the 2007 season.....

Big loss? I don't know....kickers are kickers..hard to tell....we found Alex as a walk-on....

Last edited:
There was an article on Huskers.com a few days ago with an interview with Alex Henery. I wonder if that could have scared Sade off a little, also.

Alex, basically, said he and Adi were self coached and somewhat self taught.

I could see where this could have influenced Sade's decision, also.

Maybe he thought he could get more instruction, even though he did go through NU's camp in the summer and saw what was being offered.

I wonder if NC State has near the NFL kickers that NU has placed in the league, lately.

Or maybe having to live up to Henery's enormous legacy kinda weighed on him?

Last edited:

I don't buy into that....but thats just me....most athletes, worth their weight in salt, love a challange like that....and he more than likely would have been the starting kicker a true-Frosh....

Or maybe having to live up to Henery's enormous legacy kinda weighed on him?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back