• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lordy….Arkie just pounding North Carolina State!

johnrr6

Lucky!
5 Year Member
After watching North Carolina State for 7 innings, I’m really starting to bemoan that eighth inning against them in the regional championship game.

North Carolina State looks…..Awful!

Now it’s Baseball and let’s see what they bring tomorrow….

But match up wise…I think we would have fared very well had we made it. Of course I’m prejudiced but sometimes your eyes just don’t lie.

And the funny thing is Arkansas is doing nothing different. They are hacking for home runs every pitch. Solid pitching and very solid defense. It’s not like they’re playing any different than they played against us.

And you know what? I don’t think that’s the same Dave Van Horn coaching them…..I think it’s an older looking imposter.;) He’s certainly not the small ball, contact hitting, wild, aggressive base running Dave Van Horn anymore. Every one of those Arkansas kids is using a professional style “launch angle” uppercut swing. I didn’t see a contact style hitter on their team. And the pinch-hitter, Welch, was absolutely no different. And did Arkansas even try to steal a base against us? I think I remember one bunt.

Last edited:

North Carolina State threw in the towel. And the Arkansas boys just kept swinging for the fence.

it really wasn’t even entertainment or good sport.

I guess if ever was a case for a 10 run rule in the NCAA tournament, this would be it.

Heck, make it a 15 run rule If some idiot still thinks that 10 runs is ”possible”.

Maybe they just make so it would only happen if both teams agree.

Last edited:
After watching North Carolina State for 7 innings, I’m really starting to bemoan that eighth inning against them in the regional championship game.

North Carolina State looks…..Awful!

Now it’s Baseball and let’s see what they bring tomorrow….

But match up wise…I think we would have fared very well had we made it. Of course I’m prejudiced but sometimes your eyes just don’t lie.

And the funny thing is Arkansas is doing nothing different. They are hacking for home runs every pitch. Solid pitching and very solid defense. It’s not like they’re playing any different than they played against us.

And you know what? I don’t think that’s the same Dave Van Horn coaching them…..I think it’s an older looking imposter.;) He’s certainly not the small ball, contact hitting, wild, aggressive base running Dave Van Horn anymore. Every one of those Arkansas kids is using a professional style “launch angle” uppercut swing. I didn’t see a contact style hitter on their team. And the pinch-hitter, Welch, was absolutely no different. And did Arkansas even try to steal a base against us? I think I remember one bunt.
They are just part of an SEC/ACC type of fraud baseball.
I truly believe, now, we should be in Omaha!
Never mind Warren, the tourney committee totally put the screws to us, period.

Our overall pitching would take us deep in Omaha.
Right now. my money is on Stanford.
As far as Ark, I hope they fold.
Also, that reporter. who said Mojo would not survive in the SEC, is a total jerk: MOJO defended his parents and fiance and went out there and played great D and did a credible job on offense.
Whoever that idiot is, he has absolutely no credibility or honor.

If this gets to him. I have a message for him: Bite me, jerk! :Taunt:

I never saw a “small ball” element of Arkansas’ game….

Perhaps they have it, but I did not see it. And with that free swinging crew…perhaps they don’t need it.

But their big swing hacking was just not working against us and a lot of times with men in scoring position they seemed so stubborn…stuck on a mindset to stay away from small ball.

Usually, only complete teams win in Omaha…or a team that has about 5 good pitchers that have the two weeks of their life.

Now it’s baseball, and teams get hot and cold, have a slump for seemingly no reason. À la Rutgers at our house no less.

And I only saw Arkie 3 times so it’s too small a sample to really draw conclusions from, but I think I’m safe to say 3 things at this point.

1. Nebraska was GOOD this year…better than good…and could have easily fit in the CWS, at the very least, a top 10 team.

2. Arkie had an EXCEPTIONAL season…and they did well against a ton of teams in a good conference.. They simply MUST be a very good team regardless of how they are doing it.

3. The guy coaching Arkansas is not the Dave Van Horn I was familiar with years ago. He must be an older looking imposter. Because the DVH I remember was a small ball, aggressive base running, contact hitting fanatic. Hell, we even tried to steal home in the College World Series! These Arkie kids swing at anything…big, out of your shoes swings with a big leagues like “launch angle” uppercut. And they live on the long ball. I was astounded at their HR numbers…kid after kid with 13 or more HRs. I know this is how major league baseball has changed. And how even 12 year old kids are no longer being taught the Mike Schmidt contact hitting method. Strike outs seem no longer important. And maybe that works in college ball too. But somehow, I just get the feeling it won’t at some point and is doomed to failure at the college level.

I also hope that if Arkie makes it to the CWS, our fans will treat them with courtesy and EXACTLY how they would treat any other visiting team and fans…with SPORTSMANSHIP! We can be mad at some of their fans, or at some idiot journalist, but those kids from Arkansas did nothing but play a series of baseball game against us. They seemed like good sportsman and fine young men. And their coach lead us to two College World Series a while back.

Those kids worked hard all season and deserve better then for us to lower ourselves to the stupid level of some of their fans.

Omaha has a rep for being the greatest college baseball venue in the country for ANY team. I hope we keep it that way!

Besides, if they win it all, we can always say we beat the very best!

North Carolina State threw in the towel. And the Arkansas boys just kept swinging for the fence.

it really wasn’t even entertainment or good sport.

I guess if ever was a case for a 10 run rule in the NCAA tournament, this would be it.

Heck, make it a 15 run rule If some idiot still thinks that 10 runs is ”possible”.

Maybe they just make so it would only happen if both teams agree.
All is not lost: NC State took good care of arky. I thought, bringing in Kopps was a mistake. Sure, if Arky is up, fine! Unless, apparently, they don't think much of the rest of their relievers. The key is, they have to get ahead of arky early, so Kopps means nothing. :thumbsup:

In any case, GO NC STATE!

I feel dirty for saying this, but I will be rooting for the whorns.. or maybe the Vols.

Either of those two teams.

I thought I read somewhere that the Top Seed has only won the CWS once.

But that does not seem right to me as those years as a kid when Texas won the CWS…or Stanford..or Oregon State…

I thought they were the favorites and the top seed….

I will not root for Ark. Anyone but Ark in the CWS.
Again, amen!
Without Kopps, they are ordinary
I like the kid, but I hope they pound him today
Already a
hit and 400ft out in 1st inning
Another hit!
2 on
A rocket liner to 3b 4 the 3rd out
He is very hittable today

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back