• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lord Stanley's Cup/2018 NHL Draft

Trotz resigns as head coach of the Caps. Hmmm...

Was a lame duck coach as his contract was not extended before the season. Do not blame him at all for walking away. Owner and GM will get grilled for this.

$300,000 raise to $1.8M a year well below market value for a coach with his resume.

According to Friedman and Pierre LeBrun, there was a two-year contract extension on the table for Trotz if the Capitals won the Stanley Cup this season. However, it was below market value given the state of head coaching contracts and the two sides couldn’t agree to a new deal. Trotz now is a free agent.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/06/barry-trotz-steps-down-as-capitals-head-coach-despite-stanley-cup-win/

Last edited:

Rangers fans freaking out over their 1st pick as Rangers fans usually do. I don't know enough about the kid other than it sounds like its going to take 3-4 years to get him to the NHL...not typically what you want from a top 10 pick.

Rangers fans freaking out over their 1st pick as Rangers fans usually do. I don't know enough about the kid other than it sounds like its going to take 3-4 years to get him to the NHL...not typically what you want from a top 10 pick.

Guys commenting on the draft said he could quite possibly next season. KHL contracts are tough to get out of but I suspect they must feel pretty good about it.

I like the pick.

Very good Russian style winger. Actually a pretty good pick in my opinion if we can get him onboard in the next year or so.

Last edited:

Guys commenting on the draft said he could quite possibly next season. KHL contracts are tough to get out of but I suspect they must feel pretty good about it.

I like the pick.

Very good Russian style winger. Actually a pretty good pick in my opinion if we can get him onboard in the next year or so.

I will be shocked if he plays next year.

I will be shocked if he plays next year.

So will I. It even took Pittsburgh a season before they were able to sneak Malkin out. None the less a very good pick in my opinion. With seven picks in the first three rounds worth taking a flyer on that he can not play next season.

Let him develop a year or two more in Russia and it can only help at his age.

Last edited:

So will I. It even took Pittsburgh a season before they were able to sneak Malkin out. None the less a very good pick in my opinion. With seven picks in the first three rounds worth taking a flyer on that he can not play next season.
You don't take flyers with top 10 picks.If Wahlstrom wasn't such a headcase we would have taken him.I thought Dobson probably at #9.

That said he is a good skater and puck handler and he has been playing with men in the KHL.

But he is so lankey right now...not sure he can take an NHL beating anytime soon.

Last edited:

You don't take flyers with top 10 picks.If Wahlstrom wasn't such a headcase we would have taken him.I thought Dobson probably at #9.

That said he is a good skater and puck handler and he has been playing with men in the KHL.

But he is so lankey right now...not sure he can take an NHL beating anytime soon.

I think you can afford to do so with 7 picks in three rounds. My comment on him being flyer had to do with him more than likely not being able to play in the NHL this season. Talent wise he was #14 on a lot of boards including the Rangers so he far from chopped liver. They spent a lot of time in Russia scouting him so they knew what they were getting. Oh and agree on Wahlstrom. A potential cancer in the locker room which a young rebuilding team does not need.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back