• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lord Stanley's Cup/2018 NHL Draft

Lavaman

Rebel Scum
10 Year Member
Im rather shocked there hasn't been a thread started on the greatest postseason in sports so here we go!

Anyone have any predictions they'd like to toss around?

I got to watch 2 full game 1s:
Vegas vs LA and TB vs NJ

Vegas is a lot of fun to watch and their season has been absolutely incredible, but I think the Kings are taking it past 5, as I hope all of their opponents do. :thumbsup:

Full disclosure, I freaking love the Lightning. I grew up when they were playing in the Thunderdome (now Tropicana Field) which was about 5 miles from my house. They weren't dominate by any stretch of the imagination, but the games were really fun and watching them ascend to to the heights they've reached this century has been excellent. That being said, they looked like a really dangerous hockey team tonight. They're extremely talented and deep enough to reach the finals. They're really young, but almost all of them have Stanley Cup Finals experience.

Who do you think is going all the way?

depositphotos_116854878-stock-photo-the-logo-of-the-hockey.jpg

Last edited:
There is a NHL thread in the 'other sports' room. Been there all year.

I am hoping for a Lightning Stanley Cup victory so the Rangers get your first round pick next year...and the fact that TB is Rangers south these days.

There is a NHL thread in the 'other sports' room. Been there all year.

I am hoping for a Lightning Stanley Cup victory so the Rangers get your first round pick next year...and the fact that TB is Rangers south these days.
Oh well, thanks for the heads up

I am rooting for the Vegas Golden Knights and if not the Knights, then, I will go with the Predators.....

no-2.gif

Dammit not again this year. Their defense isn't good enough and more importantly I am tired of them winning. Tampa Bay is better than they are. Boston is better than they are(although their defense is also crap) and Washington is better(but they always choke in the playoffs)...so basically the Lightning better beat those damn Penguins.:Mad:

Vegas wins 2-1 in 2OT.

Got home late and only saw the 2nd OT but Vegas deserved to win that game. Completely outplayed the Kings in that OT period.

Vegas wins 2-1 in 2OT.

Got home late and only saw the 2nd OT but Vegas deserved to win that game. Completely outplayed the Kings in that OT period.
I was about to post this..... Vegas Golden Knights flat out wore the Kings down. That, was another superb game 2OT and all.

Lightning looking very solid. Leading the Devils 5-2 after 2 periods.

Avs definitely overmatched but fighting hard against the Preds. 3-2 Nashville after 2 periods.

Boston is a scoring machine. 6-2 in the 3rd over Toronto. Pastrnak has 2 goals and 3 assists.

Avs were a lot better this season but not good enough to beat the Preds in a series.

Great to see them back in the playoffs, but they're just a step slow to compete with a team line Nashville. Don't know that Varlamov wouldn't have made a bit of a difference.

Coming back to Denver so maybe they've still got a chance to keep it interesting.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back