• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks like the 2023 Season Opener against Minnesota is set for Thursday Night Kickoff...

Glad it's an away game. I hope we never have a week night home game.

I believe the articles that I have seen in regards to Thurs/Fri night home games have described a parking nightmare if that were to happen. Private lots are occupied by students/teachers doing night classes and some of the parking garages that would have customers in them. I am not in Lincoln on the weekdays so I don't know how true that is, but sounds plausible.

I believe the articles that I have seen in regards to Thurs/Fri night home games have described a parking nightmare if that were to happen. Private lots are occupied by students/teachers doing night classes and some of the parking garages that would have customers in them. I am not in Lincoln on the weekdays so I don't know how true that is, but sounds plausible.
I wondered about that. I just don't want to get home at 1AM in the morning and have to go to work the next day. I'd rather give my tickets away than take a day off.

I wondered about that. I just don't want to get home at 1AM in the morning and have to go to work the next day. I'd rather give my tickets away than take a day off.
WELL, that's just an unamerican behavior and attitude mister. Shame. :O O:;)

WELL, that's just an unamerican behavior and attitude mister. Shame. :O O:;)

Comrade, you mustn't speak ill of the Party.

Flag_of_the_Communist_Party_of_Vietnam.svg

Honestly, it doesn't matter* if we lose the first conference game in September versus the first conference game in October if we lose. Either way, we've lost the first con game. I like the Thursday night kick off though personally. We should hopefully be better than the YMCA club and come away with a victory this night in question.

*maybe it does matter if we lose that early, as it will allow us to get our stuff together for the rest of con play or after we win, it allows us to just roll through the rest of the schedule.
You are correct that a loss is a loss, no matter when it happens. I just think it might be demoralizing to lose a conference/division game in Week 1. Lose that game and it almost feels like you have no chance to win the division.

Hopefully NU has its act together by 2023 and can start winning these types of games. P.J. may be rowing a different boat by then.

Oh, okay, thanks for letting me know.

Who do you think you're impressing? You don't come across well, and you add "0" to these discussions.
Just keeping it real, sir. Don’t you think you poured it on a little thick with Colorado loss affecting the players and coaches as ‘individuals’? Did the Colorado loss cause the NU defense to allow Purdue’s 3rd String qb to drive the length of the field in less than 2 minutes to win the game? Or AM to run out bounds against Iowa? Or Frost to kick deep to Iowa after they pooched to start the game? Or to call 10 swing passes that didn’t work and stalled drives?
#playbetter
#coachbetter
#nowhiningallowed
#keepitreal

Last edited:
Just keeping it real, sir. Don’t you think you poured it on a little thick with Colorado loss affecting the players and coaches as ‘individuals’? Did the Colorado loss cause the NU defense to allow Purdue’s 3rd String qb to drive the length of the field in less than 2 minutes to win the game? Or AM to run out bounds against Iowa? Or Frost to kick deep to Iowa after they pooched to start the game? Or to call 10 swing passes that didn’t work and stalled drives?
#playbetter
#coachbetter
#nowhiningallowed
#keepitreal
If you can show me where I blamed the loss to Purdue on the Colorado game, I'll gladly retract that statement. Instead, what I see is a grumpy old man taking sniper shots then scratching to find a way to make it seem reasonable.

Nobody cares about your hashtags. Your posts add nothing. Those who notice your posts, notice them because you're obnoxious. Nothing else ever seems to come out of your brain except something purposefully off-putting. Why do you bother posting here?

If you can show me where I blamed the loss to Purdue on the Colorado game, I'll gladly retract that statement. Instead, what I see is a grumpy old man taking sniper shots then scratching to find a way to make it seem reasonable.

Nobody cares about your hashtags. Your posts add nothing. Those who notice your posts, notice them because you're obnoxious. Nothing else ever seems to come out of your brain except something purposefully off-putting. Why do you bother posting here?
Everything that happened after that changed their perceptions of themselves as individuals, as a team, as a program, and it destroyed a lot of what they had expected out of that season.
C’mon man. Destroyed as a program? That’s one powerful Colorado team.

Last edited:
And your point is? It's a big jump from that statement to what you said that it means, as in Evil Kneivel type of jump.

You're just digging now. I'm likely the only one who cares. If anybody else cares about what @Oracle of Lincoln is saying, please, click "Like" on his posts where you think that he's adding something to the conversation, or even better, add a post here to explain how he has enlightened you. I'm genuinely curious.

What I see is a malcontent who wants everybody else to feel as miserable as he does.

The post you quoted said it changed the program and destroyed expectations....nothing about destroying the program. That is some serious lack of reading comprehension to make your statement.
Duly noted. Changed the program then? Destroyed the season? That’s powerful stuff. I call hogwash. A snowflake is more resilient.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back