• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks like the 2023 Season Opener against Minnesota is set for Thursday Night Kickoff...

LJS article link from the tweets above...

Minnesota, as it happens, typically plays Week 1 home games on Thursday night. The Gophers have done just that each of the past seven seasons, open at home in 2020 and, according to a report from the Toledo Blade newspaper, is doing the same with Ohio State coming to town in 2021.

As of Tuesday afternoon, though, Huskers.com now also lists a Thursday start.

That date also means Nebraska opens three of the next four seasons with a Big Ten game. This coming fall starts Sept. 5 at home against Purdue and 2021 kicks off with a Week Zero game against Illinois in Dublin, Ireland.

The last Thursday night game that the Huskers played, Taylor Martinez made K-State look silly. :nod:

Oh, how I actually loved living in Kansas that night and for many days after. :Corn2:

One of my favorite games. TM looked like The Flash on that night. Makes me wonder what kind of ridiculous numbers TM could have put up in 4 years had he stayed healthy throughout.

Last year, five B1G teams schedule, Thursday or Friday week 1. Gophers (vs SDSU), Purdue (vs Nevada), Badgers (vs S.Florida), MSU (vs Tulsa) and Rutgers (vs UMass).

Purdue vs Huskers @ Thursday September 3rd 2020? Or Friday. Probably too late.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back