• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Logan Smothers runs the 100M in 10.93 wins Gold (film) Updates

Surprisingly fast for a quarterback. I love reading about recruits burning up the track in the winter and spring. So glad the days of “you sit in the pocket all day and we will hopefully maybe some day find lineman who can protect you” are gone. And this is only March of this kid’s junior year. I gotta wear shades.

I mentioned in another thread whenever this kid committed, that as much of an absolute I think Martinez is, I think Smothers will come in and break every record AM sets. It may have less to do with skill set and more to do with the depth we have at the position, but man he looks an awful lot like UCF’s Milton when you watch his film

interestingly(for us older speed demons) very close to a 10 flat 100 yd

Does anyone remember what kind of 100m times our former fast quarterbacks have had? IE: Crouch, T-Mart?

There's been some pretty good musicians come out of there as well, wonder if he can sing or play guitar too?

Time to channel my inner RR. My grandfather was from that area, Town Creek. But, he never told me if they played good football there. :Biggrin:

Jason Isbell is definitely a fav. of mine these days, saw him in concert this past fall.

isbell-1e366e38-9fe3-4f75-a64b-20a455f8e091.jpg

I mentioned in another thread whenever this kid committed, that as much of an absolute I think Martinez is, I think Smothers will come in and break every record AM sets. It may have less to do with skill set and more to do with the depth we have at the position, but man he looks an awful lot like UCF’s Milton when you watch his film

With all respect, it's difficult for me to imagine a QB with Adrian's overall talent coming to Nebraska in the near future.

Time to channel my inner RR. My grandfather was from that area, Town Creek. But, he never told me if they played good football there. :Biggrin:

Jason Isbell is definitely a fav. of mine these days, saw him in concert this past fall.

isbell-1e366e38-9fe3-4f75-a64b-20a455f8e091.jpg
I saw him at Sioux City last summer and then at Red Rocks over Labor Day weekend, great artist. Drive By Truckers were also in Omaha last summer and had a good show as well! North Alabama is on my list of places that I want to visit.

Three Great Alabama Icons by DBT talks about how big football is in the area.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back