• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Logan Ehlers reported leaving the program

BigRedIggy

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
Sean Callahan tweet...
Sean_Callahan: Nebraska baseball coach Darin Erstad just announced that star pitcher Logan Ehlers has decided to leave the program. #huskers

Sipple tweet...

HuskerExtraSip: As an aside to the Logan Ehlers news (left #Huskers baseball team), former NU pitching coach Eric Newman now head coach at UC-San Diego.

I can only hope that Erstad will be a good recruiter and relate well to kids because of his major league experience.

I work in Nebraska City with people close to his family. Apparently he is not a very bright kid. He was close with Anderson, but butted heads with Erstad and Silva. I've also been told he's transferring to Peru State College to go to school with his pregnant girlfriend. The Toronto Bluejays offer sounds pretty good now...

Last edited:

Isn't it correct that going to that level will make him eligable for the draft again next year were as if he stayed or transfered to another upper division school he would have to wait the three years?

I work in Nebraska City with people close to his family. Apparently he is not a very bright kid. He was close with Anderson, but butted heads with Erstad and Silva. I've also been told he's transferring to Peru State College to go to school with his pregnant girlfriend. The Toronto Bluejays offer sounds pretty good now...

I was told part of this is correct, in that he butted heads with Erstad but it stems from the kid being a spoiled...person.

PSU was/is an option but it sounds like a school is Texas is in play as well. Parents do not want him going there.... we shall see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back