• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked LJS: RB recruit taking long look at NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

A hint at the offensive direction of the team in 2011 and beyond...

The 177-pounder was offered as a running back. Pelini shared a vision of the new direction his offense will take. There will be more spread and spread option to take advantage of rising sophomore passer Taylor Martinez. It's a step from Nebraska power football toward some of Oregon's offense.

"They want more speed on the field," Abdullah said.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...mewoods-ameer-abdullah-enjoys-nebraska-visit/

From Rivals, here are the schools that have offered him and he has a 'medium' interest in:

Cincinatti, Nebraska, South Carolina, Tennessee, USC, West Virginia.

Beyond these schools, he has about a dozen other offers but Rivals list them with 'no interest' from Abdullah. These schools range from UAB to Texas A&M.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Ameer-Abdullah-111825

Other than USC (in a LA slum and on probation), what competition to these other schools really provide, unless he likes to hum Rocky Top or can make Steve Spurrier faces.

Other than USC (in a LA slum and on probation), what competition to these other schools really provide, unless he likes to hum Rocky Top or can make Steve Spurrier faces.

I had a very similar feeling, Doc. Granted, there are a lot of things that go into a guy's decision. But based on his short list--I think we're as good of a candidate as any.

A hint at the offensive direction of the team in 2011 and beyond...

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news...mewoods-ameer-abdullah-enjoys-nebraska-visit/

Thanks RR. Will be interesting (if we get Mr. Abdullah) how the coaches play him, Burkhead and Green. It seems as if one of the elements we were missing from running the spread option was that third option coming from the outside as either a sweep or a counter. Oregon and Auburn used that alot and it keeps the defense more honest. Except for some plays here and there with Marlowe, we seemed to only have the QB and RB options.

He was quoted as saying that he was told that outside of Aaron Green, Nebraska has only one other RB on scholarship. I thought that was an odd thing too say since I also thought I saw on the board that Okafor was his host.

He was quoted as saying that he was told that outside of Aaron Green, Nebraska has only one other RB on scholarship. I thought that was an odd thing too say since I also thought I saw on the board that Okafor was his host.

I wonder if that meant on scholarship for this recruiting class? That is the only way that comment would make sense to me. Outside of Aaron Green....there are a few threads that list our current RB's and there are more than 1 on the roster. Maybe it "Seems" like there is only one since one is a QB in the Wildcat formation :Biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes it will....I could see him as a slot-back (ala Johnny the Jet) and running back....both he and Aaron, from what I have seen on film, are good receivers....as is Rex so I think that opens both up to line up at the I-Back and in the slot....together in the backfield in many cases...

Your Auburn and Oregon example is spot on...:)

Thanks RR. Will be interesting (if we get Mr. Abdullah) how the coaches play him, Burkhead and Green. It seems as if one of the elements we were missing from running the spread option was that third option coming from the outside as either a sweep or a counter. Oregon and Auburn used that alot and it keeps the defense more honest. Except for some plays here and there with Marlowe, we seemed to only have the QB and RB options.

Yeah I saw that too....Okafor and Ward should both be on scholarship.....oh and Rex of course....makes me go hmmmm...:)

I wonder if that meant on scholarship for this recruiting class? That is the only way that comment would make sense to me. Outside of Aaron Green....there are a few threads that list our current RB's and there are more than 1 on the roster. Maybe it "Seems" like there is only one since one is a QB in the Wildcat formation :Biggrin:

http://twitter.com/KeithRIVALS

Keith Niebuhr - Southeast Recruiting Analyst for Rivals.com
(these from within the last 2 hours)

Ala. ATH Ameer Abdullah sez he has eliminated the #Gamecocks and is between #Nebraska & #USC. #Huskers lead, but he'll trip to L.A. Friday

Ala. ATH Ameer Abdullah sez he thought about committing while in Lincoln over the weekend, but wanted to see #USC b4 making final call

#Nebraska is recruiting Abdullah to play RB. #USC likes him at CB. He had 2 picks at last month's Offense-Defense Bowl in Myrtle Beach

sounds like he will not decide until after his visit on Friday - regrettable that Lane will get the last word

Last edited:

sounds like he will not decide until after his visit on Friday - regrettable that Lane will get the last word

Thanks for the info, BARNUM. If it's down to us and SC, I like our odds. He's been told we want to utilize his speed as an RB, and if he really wants to play CB--Why not play at Nebraska?

Again, really liking what we're hearing. Keeping my fingers crossed on this fella.

Must of changed his mind on USC. As I reported earlier he said yesterday that he thought he might pass on the USC trip due to their sanctions and the limited number of schollies and official visits they are allowed. Oh well, I still like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back