• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lists of the worst movie remakes

I liked 2002 The Time Machine as well. One of the few movies I actually own digitally.
.Added romantic backstory but no sexual Hollywood crap .... (inventor & his fiancée)

Artificially intelligent hologram .... Vox 114 :thumbsup:

Morlock creatures ..... it reminds me of Planet of the Apes (human hunter)

Beautiful soundtrack, Klaus Badelt (Godspeed). Spine-tingling power. How does one dislike this masterpiece?

And longed for sleep
I hoped throughout the night...
From dreams without end
I can now sleep without fear
I knew the truth would come
And it will not be forgotten
For I am living the true day
To see our children grow up
Do not be afraid
A new day has come

Last edited:

.Added romantic backstory but no sexual Hollywood crap .... (inventor & his fiancée)

Artificially intelligent hologram .... Vox 114 :thumbsup:

Morlock creatures ..... it reminds me of Planet of the Apes (human hunter)

Beautiful background soundtrack, Klaus Badelt (Godspeed). Especially 3:30 youtube mark. Chivers up my spines. How does one dislike this masterpiece?

Dislike is a too strong a word. I didn't like it nearly as well as the original from the 60's. The Morlocks were fine in the movie, then all of a sudden we got this smart Morlock boss guy, Jeremy Irons, that all of a sudden shows up. That didn't really make much sense to me.

There is a movie from 1979 called Time after Time stars Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen. McDowell plays HG Wells. Its a different and original take on the time machine thing. Pretty good movie.

The Avengers(Uma Thurman and Ralph Fiennes), King Kong(take your pick), The Haunting, Godzilla, A Star is Born(not that the Streisand version wasn't crap), The Longest Yard( I hate Adam Sandler too). I could go on and on, Hollywood has no shame.
Yeah, they didn't even really finish the movie, they just started showing it. I can't think of many more disappointing remakes. It came across like they ran out of money, passion or interest and just decided to wrap it up.

Dislike is a too strong a word. I didn't like it nearly as well as the original from the 60's ......
Well just the opposite for me. 2002 >>> 1960

In 2002 version, more intense IMO. Alexander (inventor) stops in the year 1899 just before Emma's murder and then 2030 ..... distraught, solve his question of how to change the past, and 2037, destruction of the moon thus Earth virtually uninhabitable. Traveled to 802,701 year (primitive human lifestyle and the Earth has healed) and briefly 635,427,810 .... revealing a harsh, rust-colored earth, no plants and trees. Like Mars. Finally return to 802,701, accepting that he cannot save Emma.

The plot ....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back