• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Listening to Frost's presser, this is the one time....

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
.......he should throw specific players under the bus. He is throwing POSITIONS ("punter" "punt returners", "OL". etc) under the bus but he should use names and throw them under the bus.

If I am a leader or anyone for that matter, on the team I am damn near kicking the crap out of our kickers. I make them fear for their lives. That either has the impact of making the weak link quit or they shape up. If they quit, who cares?

Throw a couple assistants in there for good measure?
Yeah but he immediately stuck up for Dawson.....but, too be honest, these are stupid mistakes that HIGH SCHOOLERS don't make. I played 4 years of ST's in HS and we NEVER punted a specific direction, we just ran to the ball. A dang Punter can't kick in the right direction but the team running down the field should of seen the reaction of the returners. Reed was waiting to catch it and the other returner was watching Reed and our players are too dense to catch that. :Banghead::Banghead:

Last edited:

Yeah but he immediately stuck up for Dawson.....but, too be honest, these are stupid mistakes that HIGH SCHOOLERS don't make. I played 4 years of ST's in HS and we NEVER punted a specific direction, we just ran to the ball. A dang Punter can't kick in the right direction but the team running down the field should of seen the reaction of the returners. Reed was waiting to catch it and the other returner was watching Reed and our players are too dense to catch that. :Banghead::Banghead:
Absolutely mind boggling.

Frost thinks his coaches are doing a great job. This is laughable.
Absolutely insane to think that 2/3s of our team is anything better than p&*# poor. Coaches heads need to roll, starting at the top.

Everybody in the BIG knows this is a sloppy poorly coached team. Remember those preseason coaches comments? Remember Beliema saying just let them kill themselves? Do you think Tucker thinks MSU won that game (vs us losing it)?

I’m going to be a contrarian. If the coverage team was coached to do what they did, they did nothing wrong. If the punter didn’t punt the ball where he was told and coached to, that obviously appears to be on the punter.

But, if the coaches can’t see or simply don’t know that our punters have been incredibly unreliable for the past 3+ years, a person has to start wondering why they have been unreliable and why coaches are calling plays for directional punts in the face of all that unreliability.

After 3+ years of the same things, over and over, Frost really needs to take ownership of it, not throw players generally or specifically under the bus. He has decided he doesn’t need a dedicated ST coach, and that’s all on him.

It's like teaching calculus to a 2nd grader. I know...I know some can do it. LOL.

Maybe they should teach him to punt, before they ask him to directional punt?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back