• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Listening to a KSU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sociologist could do a great study on how football influences a group of people who call them X and define their worldview based on being part of X.

That could hit quite close to home for Big Red fans as well.... ;)

Last edited:

The underlining issue that forms the typical cat is they have the 'state' inferiority syndrome and the little bro syndrome in equal measure. Hard to scratch out of that dual whammy.
This probably hits it on the head. When Nebraska announced it was leaving the conference, my mother-in-law (who I love in every respect) told my husband that she just couldn't understand why nobody thought that KSU was important enough to be included in discussions. The entire conference realignment issue over the last 2 years have left them reeling as they huddle together wondering what's going to happen to them.

That could hit quite close to home for Big Red fans as well.... ;)

Absolutely! Fan types, while sharing many similarities, have unique features. KSU fans suffer from the newbie problem and always being in the shadow of Red. Prior to this they were imbued with the 'state' school problem. Their football program gave them the chest bump needed to bust out of this with their cross state rival (it's still Kstate though). The 40 something catbacker views everything through the prism of their 'domination' of Red in the late 90s.

Husker fans are of course unique and can be compared to only a few of the other storied programs in our generational ties to Huskerdom. For example, kitties will say "but James, you didn't attend NU?" I respond with I was a Husker by birth, you just went to school in Manhattan for 6 or 7 years.

This probably hits it on the head. When Nebraska announced it was leaving the conference, my mother-in-law (who I love in every respect) told my husband that she just couldn't understand why nobody thought that KSU was important enough to be included in discussions. The entire conference realignment issue over the last 2 years have left them reeling as they huddle together wondering what's going to happen to them.

Everytime you post about KSU hubby, I think you must really be in love. Or do you just stay in it for the kids? BTW, I hope they are raised correctly :huskerflag:

every time I read the thread title "Listening to a KSU fan", the first thing I think is, "well, that's your first mistake......" :stickouttongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back