• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Listen, I love Coach Frost...

Skers4life

32 Belly Option on 2
15 Year Member
But do we need a coach who is familiar with the landscape of the B1G? Him and his staff are wandering around lost so far. Do his offensive schemes work in this league with less than OSU talent? I feel like they are just not up to the task at hand and the whole league has figured us out from top to bottom. Just my 2 cents, for whatever they are worth.

But do we need a coach who is familiar with the landscape of the B1G? Him and his staff are wandering around lost so far. Do his offensive schemes work in this league with less than OSU talent? I feel like they are just not up to the task at hand and the whole league has figured us out from top to bottom. Just my 2 cents, for whatever they are worth.
Schemes are fine, playcalling is terrible, and execution is even worse. Roster management is also probably one of our worst facets--it seems like we're not able to get playmakers in the right spots, and when someone finally shows a spark, we take them out because our gameplan called for something different.

I don’t care for the offensive scheme because it seems the only play that consistently picks up yards is quarterback scramble or draw.
Is that scheme or personnel, though?

Granted, we shouldn't be running our scheme if we can't lead receivers, but I don't fundamentally think our scheme is problematic. Other teams run similar schemes with success.

I was going to stay off the board for the rest of the day, but then saw your post. You nailed it.

This offense is prone to inconsistency and mistakes unless you have elite athletes which we are never going to get. If we ever want to get back to dominance, we need to go back to a power running game built around our recruiting base. Think Wisconsin, but with better recruiting.

Unfortunately Frost is probably too deep in this and won’t see this big picture. I’m preparing for more frustration and mediocrity for probably the next two years before we finally realize this scheme will never be the answer

Frost's offensive scheme...if he still has one...would absolutely work at NU.

You need Zavier Betts on the field NOT Cade Warner. We need Alante Brown on the field not Levi Falck. We need Marcus Flemming not Oliver whoever. You need to manage the relationship with one of the best receivers in program history better so he doesn't decide pissing away his senior year is better than sticking around.

Granted, these guys are young. But they are playing....SOME. They need to play more and if it's reps in practice that they need then get them the damn reps. Cade Warner can grown a bichen 'stache. But he can't get open and when he does he drops touchdown passes.

One of the top 5 athletes on the team is playing QB part time. Get him on the field.

Offensive line play isn't the a 4x4 Rubik's Cube. No matter what system you run it's going nowhere if your line sucks. It has zero to do with scheme.

NU can get the players to have a good offense in THIS scheme. They've been recruited by THIS staff. For whatever reason they are all gone or sitting on the bench when it's 3rd and 15 in favor of Cade Warner and Levi Falck.

I was going to stay off the board for the rest of the day, but then saw your post. You nailed it.

This offense is prone to inconsistency and mistakes unless you have elite athletes which we are never going to get. If we ever want to get back to dominance, we need to go back to a power running game built around our recruiting base. Think Wisconsin, but with better recruiting.

Unfortunately Frost is probably too deep in this and won’t see this big picture. I’m preparing for more frustration and mediocrity for probably the next two years before we finally realize this scheme will never be the answer
bullcrap. You DO NOT have to have 5* athletes at every position (or any position).

You need Zavier Betts on the field NOT Cade Warner. We need Alante Brown on the field not Levi Falck. We need Marcus Flemming not Oliver whoever. You need to manage the relationship with one of the best receivers in program history better so he doesn't decide pissing away his senior year is better than sticking around.

Granted, these guys are young. But they are playing....SOME. They need to play more and if it's reps in practice that they need then get them the damn reps. Cade Warner can grown a bichen 'stache. But he can't get open and when he does he drops touchdown passes.

One of the top 5 athletes on the team is playing QB part time. Get him on the field.

Offensive line play isn't the a 4x4 Rubik's Cube. No matter what system you run it's going nowhere if your line sucks. It has zero to do with scheme.

NU can get the players to have a good offense in THIS scheme. They've been recruited by THIS staff. For whatever reason they are all gone or sitting on the bench when it's 3rd and 15 in favor of Cade Warner and Levi Falck.
p

Absof’nlutely.....

bullcrap. You DO NOT have to have 5* athletes at every position (or any position).
Two posts on how exactly I feel. Hence why I am not overly upset with where we are at currently. The next two years will really paint an accurate picture where I think we are at as program.

Two posts on how exactly I feel. Hence why I am not overly upset with where we are at currently. The next two years will really paint an accurate picture where I think we are at as program.
Better be next year because I can't honestly see how he can survive FOUR losing seasons in 4 tries.

Better be next year because I can't honestly see how he can survive FOUR losing seasons in 4 tries.
I agree, next year the young guns better show some forward progress, otherwise we will be starting this endless process of "new coaches" all over again with nothing but hope.

I was thinking about Jimbo Fisher and Mack Brown. They have a fairly polished strategy and approach because they’ve been coaching in P5 for a long time. I don’t think they need to stray much from a formula to get a team competitive. Frost came in thinking he could recreate UCF magic, with Husker Power (already signaling he wasn’t coming in with a polished plan) and since day 1 he’s been scrambling to find something that clicks. I don’t believe the staff knows what they want the team to be, or what it can be.

The only thing giving me hope for Frost to turn this around is that there is no way a former Husker player from Nebraska wants to be considered a worse coach than Bill Jennings.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back