• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked List of who is visiting for the Texas Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential issue that could arise....IF Texas loses to OU this coming Saturday there is a real good chance that this game will slip to an 11AM broadcast on either FSN or Versus....just some idle talk on USC today, but I'm getting the impression that ABC, who has first pick of the Big 12 TV games, might pass on a reeling (and unranked) Texas team going into Lincoln....and if OU blows thems out you could pretty much count on it...

You would think the angst from last season's ending would be enough to get some decent coverage on this...

That is a lot of players to meet with in one week-end. Any thoughts on how they'll handle all these recruits compared to the typical recruiting week-end? Sure seems like there will be limited one on one time.

That is a lot of players to meet with in one week-end. Any thoughts on how they'll handle all these recruits compared to the typical recruiting week-end? Sure seems like there will be limited one on one time.

I am just one opinion, but I think it is a good stradegy they have. I really like the blend of commits and prospective recruits. Kids follow the recruiting hype of the teams they are considering and a good outing against Texas will leave a nice taste in several elite players' mouths. I think having nationally ranked commits Jamal Turner, Tyler Moore and Tevin Mitchel (among others) come in for that weekend is a good idea. Its nice to have fellow recruits sell the program as well. I feel like this could be one of the better collection of recruits visiting for one weekend of any team in the country, to date. Along with commits I mentioned, guys like Aaron Green, Cyrus Hobbi, Jeremy Cash, Todd Peat, DeVante Wilson, Charles Jackson, Jesse Hayes, Christian Heyward and Jonathan Aiken are among the best in the country at their positions.

As for the large number of players, I dont think it will affect the overall ability for the coaches to use the opportunity as a great springboard. Its not like the visiting recruits walk around and job-shadow Bo Pelini all weekend. Each player will have a member of the team as their host. They will likely sit in on cooresponding position meetings and get to know their position coaches, while also getting a feel for how the team opperates. I think the more players the better, because they are all gonna be hanging out with the team mostly anyways so the more hosts you have involved, naturally the more of the team is going to be incorporated. One of the biggest selling points to a kid is team comradery. This is a good chance to showcase that.

Let me start by saying that this means nothing, but Charles Jackson, the #8 CB in the nation has us listed as high on his interest along with Arkansas.

He has probably heard that Denard and Amukamara are the best CB tandem in the nation, if we shut down Texas' passing game, he could commit to us this weekend. That, along with experts thinking a win pulls in AGreen for us on Sunday, would be a great recruiting weekend. There are probably a few others that may be close that we don't know about.

A rowdy crowd, coupled with a 'W', will go a long ways. I remember what recruits said after our Oklahoma victory. "I knew that Nebraska sold out every game, but I didn't know they sold out like THAT!" - in regards to how loud our crowd was.

Let me start by saying that this means nothing, but Charles Jackson, the #8 CB in the nation has us listed as high on his interest along with Arkansas.

He has probably heard that Denard and Amukamara are the best CB tandem in the nation, if we shut down Texas' passing game, he could commit to us this weekend. That, along with experts thinking a win pulls in AGreen for us on Sunday, would be a great recruiting weekend. There are probably a few others that may be close that we don't know about.

A rowdy crowd, coupled with a 'W', will go a long ways. I remember what recruits said after our Oklahoma victory. "I knew that Nebraska sold out every game, but I didn't know they sold out like THAT!" - in regards to how loud our crowd was.

It now appears that Charles Jackson will not be here for the Texas game. He will reschedule for later.http://nebraska.rivals.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back