• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lincoln Southeast DT Bryson Williams Commits To Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess we will know in as little as 2 years or as long as 4 or 5 years if the coaches got this right or screwed it up. Not going to lose any sleep over this so good luck kid can't say I will follow his progress though.

I'm with the staff on the guys they are in on over Bryson, no question. I think my frustration comes from the fact that we are in a spot where our classes are so unbalanced that this is even an issue. In a class of 25-28, I think you take him and figure out where he plays later. I completely understand it is tough in a class this size and don't really hang it on MR.

I agree with your post and this is an unbalanced, small class. However we will never and shouldn't consistently have class sizes of 25-28. With 85 total scholarships spread out over 4-5 classes (5 for those who redshirt), that leaves 21.25 per class without taking into consideration redshirts and attrition. If we consistently have 25-28 recruits per class then we are missing on too many players or lacking player development.

Not exactly the attitude you typically find in an in-state recruit.

Nebraska, which is expected to take in a smaller recruiting class in 2018, did not offer Williams, who moved to Lincoln from Illinois when he was 14.

“If they (Nebraska) offer, great,” Williams said earlier this spring. “If they don’t, OK. It’s another school to me.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-...cle_8b700d4b-de64-58fa-9ed8-6043d848da24.html

This will come back to punish us.

You are oddly selective with the recruiting threads you choose to post in. Odd that.

You do not let a D1 in-state player leave the state to play for an opponent which has your number! For the possibility that you might get someone better. I don't remember Osborne letting in-state players get away.

Then your memory is as bad as this post. There are different levels of D1 talent and no Nebraska coach is willing to take them all. Until they move to a lesser, out of state program, that is.

Not exactly the attitude you typically find in an in-state recruit.

Nebraska, which is expected to take in a smaller recruiting class in 2018, did not offer Williams, who moved to Lincoln from Illinois when he was 14.

“If they (Nebraska) offer, great,” Williams said earlier this spring. “If they don’t, OK. It’s another school to me.

http://journalstar.com/sports/high-...cle_8b700d4b-de64-58fa-9ed8-6043d848da24.html

I'm not surprised with a kid who's only been here 3-4 years. Didn't grow up rooting for them, etc. I'd have liked to have had him, but with Diaco's desires on the D-line, I'm not convinced we even offer in a bigger class. Will be interesting to see how he does.

While I could be way off, I would assume that Diaco knows he needs to recruit as local as possible as long as they fit. It appears to me he took the emotion out this one, knowing what he needs, this would have been an 'emotion' offer. He doesn't seem to fit perfectly anywhere. There is a fine line between want and need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back