• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lincoln native Bubak returns home to walk on with Huskers (as Graduate Transfer)

I remember him decomitting and going to ASU.....and having some people, at the time, say he was more interested in girls than football (which MAY have been true as he didn't do much at ASU but I was, too, at one point in my life, interesting way more in girls than football!;)). Sounds like he is humbled and really wants to give it his all for one final season. A good player to get for one year, through the walk on route. Good luck, Jared!!!
I remember his switch to ASU too, but that seems like about 8 years ago. I'm surprised he still has eligibility, but welcome back home!

I can never blame a testosterone filled teenager for heading to Tempe. It’s unbelievable.
I lived there off and on for about 18 years, and I’d put the talent in the Valley up against any, from SoCal, Dallas, South Florida, or any of the gulf coast states. It was a pure pleasure living there.

You gotta live on the periphery. 5 miles outside town in any direction and you're in farm, God, guns and Bible country. Not that dissimilar than rural Nebraska.
Yeah, it is not a bad area for sure. Just too crunchy in the actual town for my taste.

Sounds like he could at least find a role in ST.

One more in the TE room gives some more latitude for Henrich to work as a WR too.
Agreed. Although I think (due to what little we have a wideout) he was probably going to get a bunch of work there anyway. I really don't think he's suited to play the X or Y, but he may find a role with the team similar to how Belichick utilized (dare I say) Aaron Hernandez. Scott just needs to define that roll for him...otherwise, he may feel as though he's twisting in the wind here. I trust he and Scott are on the same page.

Sorry for the thread derailment.

Last edited:

You gotta live on the periphery. 5 miles outside town in any direction and you're in farm, God, guns and Bible country. Not that dissimilar than rural Nebraska.
Lacking diversity and chalked to the brim with racism? Not the Nebraska I remember growing up in... I lived in Lake Oswego for a couple of years. I did not enjoy my time there. Not the kind of people I wanted to be around.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back