• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Life is good

uncertainbyprinciple

Self-proclaimed humanist
10 Year Member
So, I'm heading to Hawaii on Tuesday for work so I'll be packing tomorrow night. As a result the wife and I did Valentine's Day dinner tonight. Roasted a pork tenderloin in a burgundy wine and made a gravy out of the juices/wine to pour over the pork and a roasted potato medley. Finished up by poaching a couple of pears in a syrup made with the remaining burgundy and had them over ice cream.

Nothing wrong with knowing how to cook boys! Have a good time while I'm in the tropics...aloha!

Pork Tenderloin:

Place a 2 lb pork tenderloin in a 9"x13" baking pan
sprinkle with 1/2 tsp each of salt, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper
top with a thinly sliced onion and a sliced celery stalk.

Poor 2 cups burgundy wine over the tenderloin and bake 45 minutes uncovered in a preheated 350 deg oven, basting once or twice.

Pears (for 2):

1/2 cup burgundy
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 of a cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice

add these ingredients to a small frying pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.

Peel and slice 2 pears into spears and add to simmering syrup. Cook 10 min then flip and cook another 10 minutes.

Remove pears and allow to cool while reducing syrup for a few minutes. Serve pears on vanilla ice cream and poor syrup over top.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back