• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lexi Sun, Texas Transfer

I did not know that. Outstanding!
The school they are leaving has to release them from their scholarship for them to be immediately eligible. Texas did that. That is also the reason Briana had to sit out the 2015 season and take a redshirt season. LSU never released her from her scholarship.

I never thought Texas would be a standup school and release her. If she doesn't want to be there, let her go! This will really help Huskers but replacing our setter will be huge task.

The school they are leaving has to release them from their scholarship for them to be immediately eligible. Texas did that. That is also the reason Briana had to sit out the 2015 season and take a redshirt season. LSU never released her from her scholarship.
I thought Holman had to sit out a year. Thanks for the info.

"Sun is an outside hitter and should take the place of Annika Albrecht starting opposite Mikaela Foecke."

I think Jazz Sweet may have a few things to say about Sun taking over immediately.

I live in the Twin Cities. Booking my Final Four tickets now. :)

Our true freshman setter will be the key. She was the #5 national recruit I believe this year, so hopefully she is up to the task.

"Sun is an outside hitter and should take the place of Annika Albrecht starting opposite Mikaela Foecke."

I think Jazz Sweet may have a few things to say about Sun taking over immediately.
Very true. We have some pretty good outside hitters on the team. I just hope we can find a setter to get the ball to them.

I live in the Twin Cities. Booking my Final Four tickets now. :)

Our true freshman setter will be the key. She was the #5 national recruit I believe this year, so hopefully she is up to the task.
Don't short change her. :Biggrin: She was the #4 overall prospect and top setter prospect in the country in 2017. I hope she is ready to hit the ground running this fall.

Before Nebraska
• Attended Webb School in Knoxville, Tennessee
Ranked the No. 4 overall prospect and the top setter recruit in the nation by PrepVolleyball.com
• Was an Under Armour first-team All-American in 2017
• Led Webb School – coached by her mother, Chris – to five Division II-A state championships in her career, as she played on the varsity squad as an eighth grader
• Was named the most valuable player of the state tournament four times
• Played as both a hitter and a setter at Webb School and was named to the All-USA Volleyball first team after her junior season in 2016 and second team in 2017
• Played club volleyball for K2 and is close friends with current Husker Chesney McClellan, from nearby Maryville
• Began her prep career by earning PrepVolleyball.com’s national freshman of the year accolade in 2014
• Set for the U.S. Youth National Team in Argentina at the U-18 Junior World Championships in the summer of 2017

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211708303&DB_OEM_ID=100

We also have a couple outside hitters that are good enough to assist our new setter while she's getting her feet wet. Nothing like a couple All-Americans to make your college transition a little smoother.

We also have a couple outside hitters that are good enough to assist our new setter while she's getting her feet wet. Nothing like a couple All-Americans to make your college transition a little smoother.

As long as the setter gets the ball to them in a decent location...watch out!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back