• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's see'em

ksuhusker

In a tree somewhere
10 Year Member
Probably not a bunch of us on here that do food plots for hunting, but I thought we should get a thread going for them. @Redleg he is buying his new tractor for this purpose so as the year goes on we can see how we've done... Or not done. They can be a pain in the butt but also rewarding. Currently mine have been grazed down to dirt and are snow covered. We'll be getting started in a month or so once the ground is good and thawed out.

Great thread @ksuhusker. I'm looking forward to seeing them and what everyone plants when and why (spring/summer vs fall/winter).
With my semi-nomadic lifestyle, I've always been a public land hunter who never had to manage food or cover.

Great thread @ksuhusker. I'm looking forward to seeing them and what everyone plants when and why (spring/summer vs fall/winter).
With my semi-nomadic lifestyle, I've always been a public land hunter who never had to manage food or cover.
This spring I will plant 1 acre of RR Alfalfa and the rest will be soybeans with a border on the fence of NK 300 silage. When fall hits I will drill wheat into the beans. That is my plan as of now, through the past 5 years we've toyed around, but found that having grain early and green late is perfect.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back