• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's see your college car...

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
This was pretty much mine, except I had a gold vinyl top with a bunch of hail damage. 1980 Buick Century. I traded in 1990 for 300 bucks.
1597358892767.png

I don't have pictures of my actual college car, but it was one of these:

1976-chevrolet-blazer-4x4.jpeg

1976 K5 Blazer. Same color scheme as well.

I bought it with 175,000 miles on it in and a dead 350.

Dropped a built 327 in it I bought from a buddy and it served me well for years. Good overall vehicle, but the brakes sucked and it took several suspension mods to take the 'mush' out of the rear suspension. The brake issue was common on Chevy trucks back then. Had a '76 3/4 ton Silverado that ate front brakes and didn't stop well.

I don't have pictures of my actual college car, but it was one of these:

View attachment 49156

1976 K5 Blazer. Same color scheme as well.

I bought it with 175,000 miles on it in and a dead 350.

Dropped a built 327 in it I bought from a buddy and it served me well for years. Good overall vehicle, but the brakes sucked and it took several suspension mods to take the 'mush' out of the rear suspension. The brake issue was common on Chevy trucks back then. Had a '76 3/4 ton Silverado that ate front brakes and didn't stop well.

I loved the K5s!

1600197277968.png

I didn't have an actual pic, but it looked like this. '93 Chevy Beretta. It had 4 cylinders, a tape deck, air conditioning and a driver's side air bag. Transmission went bad around 150,000 miles

Edit; oops, my bad. This is the car that I first leaned to drive.

It was my dad's old work car. A 1954 Chevy Station Wagon, 6 cyl., w/ 3 on the tree. It was this color and pretty much in this condition...

1954 Chevy Station Wagon Handyman 210 54 Rare! for sale ...

...and the engine looked like this...

1954-chevy-station-wagon-handyman-210-54-rare-13.jpg

...and...it did have an air cleaner on it. :Lol:

My college car was a 1959 4-door Chevy. It was red but, it sure didn't look this good and it wasn't the Impala. I think it was Chevy's cheapest model at the time. :Biggrin:

Jim's Fabulous Four Doors - Jims59.com

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back