• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Let's play some freshmen!

You don't think Frost and staff want to win? Do you honestly believe that they aren't putting the best players on the field already?
I didn’t say that. Im guessing they are trying to hold and build depth. I really don’t know what they are doing. All I know is what’s out there now, looks lackadaisical at best. There isn’t any fire. It’s still kinda a ho hum type, oh well, we’ll get them next time. NU shouldn’t be getting their ass kicked by Minnesota no matter who is out there. And truth be told, they shouldn’t be getting their ass kicked by ohio state by 41 either, especially at home. I’m onboard with him, but I clearly didn’t expect this either. I’m thinking the BIG caught him by surprise to some degree. I don’t know. I also think there are some coaches on the staff that may be in a little deep. We’ll see how it plays out.

Last edited:

I didn’t say that. Im guessing they are trying to hold and build depth. I really don’t know what they are doing. All I know is what’s out there now, looks lackadaisical at best. There isn’t any fire. It’s still kinda a ho hum type, oh well, we’ll get them next time. NU shouldn’t be getting their ass kicked by Minnesota no matter who is out there. And truth be told, they shouldn’t be getting their ass kicked by ohio state by 41 either, especially at home. I’m onboard with him, but I clearly didn’t expect this either. I’m thinking the BIG caught him by surprise to some degree. I don’t know. I also think there are some coaches on the staff that may be in a little deep. We’ll see how it plays out.

Gotcha. I doubt that Frost and staff are holding back better players just to preserve redshirt. If they were better they'd be on the field. In that regard I don't think playing all the freshmen would be wise. Some guys clearly need the time to physically develop.

I think we have to give up the notion losing to a salty Minnesota team was unlikely to happen under any condition if the correct guys were out there. Unless they played with great technique and had the power and quickness to handle Minnesota's upperclassmen-heavy match ups, we are unlikely to win playing a lot of underclassmen. Fleck had his team ready for us and we simply were not ready to take them on for too many reasons to list in one thread. Minnesota probably gets shellacked by Ohio State and shut out by a Wisconsin. But losing to them was not a total team breakdown. It was a wake up call to the underclassmen.

Indiana is the wrong team to take lightly. They could be a repeat of Minnesota if we are not careful.

Last edited:

This is actually a great idea.

I think if we can play the Freshman teams of our remaining five opponents, Nebraska will be 9-3 and looking pretty good in the B1G.

Brilliant!

Gotcha. I doubt that Frost and staff are holding back better players just to preserve redshirt. If they were better they'd be on the field. In that regard I don't think playing all the freshmen would be wise. Some guys clearly need the time to physically develop.
Never said play all the freshman. I said, if a player can help you, help you now, has intriguing possibilities, play him. At least those guys are your culture. You recruited them. Can’t be much worse that what has been shown so far in 2019. Will that get better in 2019, man, I really don’t know what to think. I’m still just surprised. I wouldn’t have thought. Although smart money always says not to bet on the unanimous, the public is usually wrong. Lol. Frost was nearly a unanimous choice. Just sayin.
Regardless of position, if he can play, get his ass on the field.

This most likely isn't what the OP meant, but there are a couple of new co-workers, the same as a "freshman" if you will, that I'd love to put into rotation and play. Good lord man, I may have to go to.... Um, never mind.... :O O:;)

You don't think Frost and staff want to win? Do you honestly believe that they aren't putting the best players on the field already?

I think there may be, from all reports, some freshman that are better but were not ready to play earlier in the season that may be ready or close to ready now, so merely suggesting to look at the 4 most winnable games and put them in a position to help and win those games.

I think there may be, from all reports, some freshman that are better but were not ready to play earlier in the season that may be ready or close to ready now, so merely suggesting to look at the 4 most winnable games and put them in a position to help and win those games.
Like who? Rhamir Johnson is the only one that comes to mind and I don't think he's an upgrade over Mills right now. You already have Wan'Dale playing. The receiver positions maybe, but some of those guys have played with no noticable difference.

I'm going to backtrack a little on what I previously said. I'd like to see Reimer and Hannah get some snaps at LB to ready them for the future.

What about giving some other plays PT? I thought 2nd team OLINE has many players that look fundamentally better than first teams OLINE

I'm going to backtrack a little on what I previously said. I'd like to see Reimer and Hannah get some snaps at LB to ready them for the future.

We've already burned Reimer's RS, so may as well give him as many snaps as we can. We can easily fit Hannah into a 4 game limit while giving snaps to him.

Nelson's also burned his RS. I'd like to see him take Davis' place. He's not 100% ready, but we think he can develop. We pretty much know what Davis give us, unfortunately.

So Reimer and Nelson in particular. They are both not RSing already, so let's give them as many snaps as we can

If all are playing for next year then get those even close to being ready in some real game experience..

What better place is there "to get ready" for live bullets than actually in a game that is shooting them?

Without the threat of losing a year?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back